Mirka Bulldog 5" $99 !

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by Nikku, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Nikku

Nikku Jedi Nuba

2. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Might jump on this! Any reviews on the bulldog, I know FMINUS has the 5 and 3" ones (I believe)

3. Nica

Nica Banned

Ooh nice deal, I personally prefer the 3inch then the 5inch but just personal preference :shrug:

4. Nikku

Nikku Jedi Nuba

Based on what I've heard and seen of the Mirka Bulldog it's a great air sander for paint correction. I thought of just using my PC with abralon pads but I've heard some issues in regards to the weight on the machine on horizontal panels like hood, roof and trunk.

I wanted to get the 3" but it's regular price and I can live with the 5 inch for now. I'll give it a go. BTW DSMS if you want to go with the 3" instead it works out to be about the same price as the 5 inch if you get the abralon pads as well. I think the 3 inch on their site is 134.95US and a box of pads is like $23 ish? I think.

Now all I have to do is buy a minimum 60 gallon compressor lol.

Hope you guys enjoy the find.

Cheers,
    Nick

5. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

You need a min. 60gal to run the even the 3"?
    :thud:

There goes my purchase

6. Nikku

Nikku Jedi Nuba

I'm not too sure about needing 60 gallon for the three. I think you just have to be more concerned about the cfm. I forgot how much the bulldog uses in terms of the 5 inch so I am definitely not sure how many the 3 inch uses.

I'm on the hunt for a compressor right now. I just want a larger one so the actually compressor isn't constantly running if I'm sanding a full car down.

Cheers,
    Nick

7. Nikku

Nikku Jedi Nuba

*UPDATE*

DSMS and whomever else is thinking of purchasing. The company apparently made a mistake in the posting of the item. The sale is not for a 5" but rather the 6". I just called them as I noticed the typo. I have cancelled my order.

Sorry about that guys.

Cheers,
    Nick