Ministry of Detail : '06 Infiniti G35 Coupe

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by P1et, Nov 9, 2007.

1. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

'Evening Gents,

Don't you love it when your customers drop their cars of in the afternoon so you can have all of the next morning to work on it?

This is an end-of-lease return. They did not want a full polish, so out with the glazes!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was thinking the following:

1) Citrus Wash
    2) CG EZ Creme Glaze
    3) CG Jetseal 109 x2
    4) P21s or Pete's 53

Thoughts?

2. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Looks good P1et :D to bad they diden`t wanted a polish :( But a glaze should be good, EZ don`t fills swirls. Better with XMT or 360 then. Like your game plan :D Can`t wait for the pictures.

Have a nice saturday tomorrow, on the central texas meeting ;)

3. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I have not had a chance to use the EZ Creme yet so I'm not sure what it will do for the swirls. Like pirex said you could go XMT glaze or 360. I for one will vote for the Pete's 53 for my own selfish reasons....I want to see what it looks like on Black! Look forward to seeing this one once it's finished. Man P1et you have a busy weekend with this and the meet...maybe you could take it with you and everyone could jump in and detail it :p.

4. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

ok i know im gonnna get flammed for this, but if its an ed of lease, they dont want a polsih why do 2 coars of jetseal and a coat of petes? Its going to go in, get run through an auto wash and take everything off.. i dont normaly think like that but im just trying to save you time, porducts and most importantly money... if its just going to be washed down the drain.....

ok flame suit on

5. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

:D your flame suit is on any it is your 666th post hahahaha.

Not going to lie I would use some Product X or some M09 or even something OTC that you bought and don't like.

In my world you have to pay to play. Another thing is that the G's have super soft clears. You would be wasting money trying to fix it all. I would however let your client know that you are using a glaze and that it will not last forever.

6. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Every time I see "ministry of detail" I think "Ministry of sound"

Not to thread jack but I can only imagine you like EDM.. If you are into tech house check out this set of mine from a show here in Detroit

http://www.j-sunparis.com/My Mixes/SHHHHH.......wma

I just tested the link and to use it you must copy and paste it into the url...not sure why you can't just click on it for it to work

7. Nica

Nica Banned

All my details are like this my friend :thumb:, vehicles get droped off on Friday after work and I got till Sunday to finish them off :righton:

I take my time, man handle the vehicle and deliver it as best as I can. I don't like being rushed, I spread it out through out the weekend.

You know what though, even though the customer said no polish...this is just my opinion, but I personaly don't cheap out no matter what the customer want's...every time I deatil, I detail to blow the customers mind away...yes money and effort does come in to play but for me the money is nice but that's not what drives me. I have to be pleased with the results otherwise it would eat me up inside...again that's just me.....oh but don't get me wrong fair is fair, I won't bust my rear end and go out of my way for just $20...unless it's family/friends :D

8. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Nica, I agree with you 100% on your attitude towards detailing a vehicle.

9. Calgarydetail

I agree, the only thing is not everyone can get a car for that long... when time permits i wont do a detail without a polsih, however time does not always allow.

Also you get what you pay for, like you said there is a price... its to bad not everyone is willing to pay :p

10. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

I don't do this full time, so I am lucky enough to get every job as a polish job. Sometimes it is only small sections, but I dont know...it is hard for me to do cars like this unless it is only a quick wax job. I have only ever done 4 lease returns in my entire life. It just hard for me to spend so much time doing something that I know some hacker will wreck in 2 days. I know it is weird, but I when I detail a car I make a connection and it is like the car is your friend.

I know I know...I charge far too much and I am too picky about the jobs I do...but that is why I love doing it part time.

11. Nica

Nica Banned

Like Calgary said I'm very fortunet that the details I've done I can take my time. To be honest though props to the pro detailers that can do a full detail in one day...total props. Not only time restrection but being exposed to the elements is another thing. I've spoiled my self, every detail has been in doors...shame on me lol.

The other thing is that if you detail for a living, it's totally a different story. Even if you wanted to blow the custome away like Calgary you get what you pay for.

12. P1et

OK, I'm about to leave for the Centex Detail Meet and and running late!

Anyways, the G took a bit longer than planned because the owner did end up wanting a full polish.

Pics coming later on tonight!!!

13. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Sounds good P1et :D Say hello to the rest ;)

14. Nica

Nica Banned

Wicked a full detail :wicked: that's the best way to go :thumb:

Look forward to the pictures and hope you have a good time :awesome:

15. P1et

Alright guys, thanks for bearing with me here! Had a lot of fun on this detail, great paint to work with and probably my favorite so far.

The morning started off rough. Last night I went drinking and drank way too much Paulaner. Two pitchers did me in. I fell asleep in South Austin somewhere and woke up at 4:15am with my clothes on. Drove home, slept for a little bit longer and woke up at 7am to start detailing. I was still drunk, and the smell of the Menzerna made me want to throw up. Fun times.

Hats off to PO85RD here, used it for the first time and absolutely blown away with it. Just see the pics and you'll understand.

Method:

1) Foam w/ Citrus Wash
    2) Wash w/ Citrus Wash & ShMITT
    3) Dry with Absorber and Guzzler
    4) Washed wheels with Simple Green/Citrus Wash
    5) Front end sprayed with Bug Squash
    6) PO85RD on CCS White Pad with PC on 6
    7) CG EZ Creme Glaze on CCS Gray with with PC on 3
    8) Jetseal 109 by hand on Megs Gold Class foam pad
    9) Poorboys Natural Look on tires
    10) Interior just a quick Folex carpet clean and vacuum, removed a few scuffs...

Enjoy the pics! :D

OK, it's 7am and I'm still drunk. Not feeling so hot right now. Looks chilly, but the temperature was perfect!
    [​IMG]

Looks OK from a few feet away, just a little dirty.
    [​IMG]

Interior was in nice shape, just dusty and a few plastic scuffs...
    [​IMG]

We had a stupid garage sale in our gated community, so there were tons of gawkers. I put the car inside after washing and partially shut the garage door.
    [​IMG]

I wanted to see if I could do this entire car with PO85RD and get rid of 90% of the swirls!
    [​IMG]

HERE IS THE PROOF! And look how little dusting, this stuff is amazing!!!
    [​IMG]

About 4.5 hours later, here are the results!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two things I was missing: a good metal polish for the exhaust tips, I didn't have anything! And some of Adam's Undercarriage Spray. For the rest, this was a great detail!

:buffing:

16. Calgarydetail

wow looks great, very very nice work

17. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

haha I already told you on msn

but Looks great! Awesome Job! :):)

18. P1et

I appreciate that coming from you two!!!

19. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

nice one P1et!! it looks good :D why did he want a polish?

20. P1et

I had quoted her '07 Lexus GS first for a wash 'n wax since it's pretty new. Then her husband said to have the Infinite done first because it's end of lease. I called them back asking if they wanted to go for a full polish after all since it needed it. So they agreed!

By the way, they were very pleased. I'm looking forward to the GS soon!