Migliore Wax

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by blackjz, Jan 26, 2010.

1. blackjz

blackjz Jedi Nuba

Has anyone ever tried Migliore waxes? i believe there are 4 types of it (original, fruit, primo n competizionne)..i didnt see anyone use any of them...if you ever tried it, how do you like it?

TIA

2. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Nuba

Apollo Auto uses Primo a lot. From what I gathered Ferrari gives you a pot of it with your new car. I know he posts quite a bit on detailing world.

3. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I've used Frutta before. It smells great, but it's a bit hard to remove.

4. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

All of the Migliore waxes look really good, but they act different than most waxes people are used to. Because of the high carnauba content they are a little harder to remove, the key is to apply them thin and to use a quick detailer to help buff the wax off.

5. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

as hard as RBOE?

6. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

it's easier to apply than rboe. Great looking wax.

7. Obsessive Detail

Yes, I agree with Pete, it is easier to apply than RBOE.

8. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Frutta was super easy to apply. In fact, it melts immediately on contact with your fingers! The only thing I didn't like about it, it was much more grippy after removal than the Victoria Duo...

9. blackjz

blackjz Jedi Nuba

thanks guys for the response...how do you compare frutta n original blend? i know primo is supposed to be better due to higher carnauba content..n of course the competizone is their best one

10. Obsessive Detail

Honestly, I don't think there is much difference in looks between the two.

11. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Oh, forgot to mention a key factor....

It turns your hands ORANGE! :thud:

I didn't like that aspect very much haha. I stained my door pushing it open because I forgot :hmph:

12. blackjz

blackjz Jedi Nuba

Orange? when you used fruita blend? so it means you have to use applicator then? can't bare hand?:D

13. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

I have more fun applying waxes by hand haha. Its just that I didn't like the color staining effect Frutta had on my hands. If you are fine with washing your hands a couple times after with Dawn to remove the orange, then go for it haha :thumb:

14. blackjz

blackjz Jedi Nuba

thanks for the tips eyezack :D

15. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

this Migliore internet buzz has me keen on giving primo a try...... not sure atm how much of the hype is marketing though

16. Clark

Clark Two Bucket System Washer

we've played about with all the Migliore products and they've pretty much all impressed me - so much so that we're now going to be stocking them.

The waxes are easy to remove provided you put down a really thin coat and the paint is prepped properly - they never haze over like most other waxes so they can clog up your MF's if you apply too much.