Micro Cleaning Kit for Shop Vac

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by J BELL, Jan 3, 2009.

1. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Has anyone found a micro cleaning kit worth while? I was at HD the other night and saw one for 40 bucks..it looked semi-cheesy..i have a Ridgid 6.5 HP shop vac and all the standard "too big to fit anywhere" attachments...anyone know a great compatible kit? Thanks!

2. milabfocker

milabfocker Jedi Nuba

The only micro-cleaning attachment kit I've seen that will likely fit your setup is the Shop-Vac brand kit; however, this is probably the same kit you are referring to. I purchased one of these kits when I bought my Shop-Vac and don't use it very often. A crevice and claw attachment are all I've ever needed. If I can't reach an area with these tools I use compressed air to blow the debris to an accessible area or remove seats, panels, etc. Hope this helps.

3. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

I am mainly interested in the crevice attachment...so thats the only one eh? Well thanks for responding, sounds like its not that helpful

4. milabfocker

milabfocker Jedi Nuba

You should be able to purchase a crevice tool separate from a micro-cleaning kit. I've seen them at Home Depot, Lowes, and Menards for $4 to $5. They should be in the same vicinity as replacement filters, hoses, etc.

5. razr007

razr007 Banned

6. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Wow, excellent guys i appreciate the pointers..i wasnt aware they sold them separately...several vacs eh? So generally no compatibility issues?

7. milabfocker

milabfocker Jedi Nuba

No problem. If your unable to locate one at a local hardware store let me know and I can grab one and send it to you.

8. razr007

razr007 Banned

nope they fit on any vac comes with adapters an works great.

9. Berscht

Berscht Jedi Nuba

I found the car cleaning kit for the Craftsman shop vac works good. It came with a smaller diameter hose, crevice tool, dusting brush, and flat thingy. All I use is the crevice and dusting brush though and I would not clean an interior without them.

10. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

11. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Great thread guys. Thanks for the idea. Sometimes my air hose isn't always an option...:thumb:

12. richy

richy Guest

Here's the "I'm too cheap for my own good" option...take the cardboard roll from your empty paper towel roll and you can pinch the one end down to however thin you want. You can cut it on an angle too.

13. razr007

razr007 Banned

l m a o !!!!!!

14. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Wow that is a great idea..i went to HD and they were out of the 2.5" crevice attachments..i havent made it to lowes yet but will...i might try this first jsut out of curiousity..thanks for the tip :thumb: