1. Joseph Rogers

Joseph Rogers New Member

I see a lot of talk about MF towels and the word QUALITY being used in conjunction with them.

What factors go into this determination, and how do I get to where I can actually tell the difference myself?

2. 5jjt

5jjt New Member

Joseph;
    I hope your email will notify you that you are receiving this response from a question you posted a while back. I am disappointed not one member has responded to your important question. That being said; I just researched this topic today. Here is a quick way to sum-up what I learned:
    1: President of Zaino Corp. does not recommend MF towels due to high variance rates of quality accross the broad spectrum of manufacturers. He recommends 100% cotton towels.
    2: MF towels are made of polyester and polyamides usually in a ratio of 75%/15%, or 80%/20%. Some are 100% polyester, and a lot are made in China. Many will not even advertise there ratios, nor where they are made, but some will. The ones that do display their ratio seem to be the more talked about ones and recommended ones.
    3: There are special glass MF towels that will not leave lint. I think they are worth their weight in silver.
    4: When washed (if not using a special MF detergent), use 1 tblsp vinegar per towel to help rinse whatever detergent you will use.
    Never wash with other fabrics, laundry softener, bleach and give an extra rinse.
    5: Some have reported severe linting even with expensive brands. If I were going to buy (and I have never used this brand) I would buy Cobra brand. I have searched threads for an hour reading this topic today because, I too, want to know if it's really worth it.

PDRKS likes this.