MF suggestions

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Spyral, May 9, 2009.

1. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

Ok, what are the best MF's on the market? I have been looking at the Eshine Cookie Monster V2's. Are they worth it?

Any suggestions? I bought a few from The Rag Shack and really like them, but want to test the waters and see what others think.

Thanks!

2. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Just go to Pakshak and get some of their Ultraplush and soft waffle weaves and you will have the best towels out there.

3. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

I LOVE my Phat Towel's from Danase. I have about 20 of them. My ultra plush from CG have been collecting dust ever since I stocked up on the danase's.

Danase Phat Towel

However, I am interested in trying some of the cookie monster v2's.

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

After taking Dana's advice, I got some from PakShak and they are THAT soft and their WW drying towels are awesome!

5. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Any chance of you carrying these?

6. 911Fanatic

Hmmmmmm.....

7. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I like that answer.

8. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I like Justin's towels and PakShak towels.

9. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

I'm in the same boat.
    Pakshak towels don't cut it for me. they go hard really quickly and some are too soft in that they don't remove residues properly because of being so soft
    Monster fluffy towels are awesome for certain purposes. many towels are too thin and are hard to control
    I want to find some towels that don't absorb any product, they just spread the product (spray sealants and quick detailers) around.

10. 911Fanatic

Try our Poorboys Mega Plush Towels. Soft, yet workable. The short nap side is great for removing polish and wax residue and the longer nap side is great for QDs and sealants. As much as I like all the MF I have, these seem to be the ones I reach for the most.

11. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Pakshak towels used to be really good. a while ago i got their ultra plush and the quality has really gone down from a few years ago.

The CG 530xl towels are a great alternative.

12. Cooter

Cooter Guest

I really love my Ultra premiums from the Rag Shack. I also like the mf towels from Tropi-care. The TC WW is the best I've ever used. It soaks up the H2O and doesnt move it around. Its really impressed me.

The old PB's mega plush is a great towel. I use to have a bunch of those.

13. Toolman

Toolman Virgin Detailer

their supplier have gone bust and moved out from Korea since a couple of years back...those towels are some of the best quality you can find in the market :shrug:

14. GLuXuRy

GLuXuRy Birth of a Detailer

15. 911Fanatic

Maybe so, but I've bought a bunch in the last while and been very impressed with their softness.:thumb:

16. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I agree, I have not seen the quality go down at all. I have numerous ones that are over 5 years old that still feel like they are brand new.

17. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Ya my old ones from years back are good and still going strong. Just saying i got a couple new ones and was from a new batch and it was different. I'd take a picture to show the differences, but i sold them and bought more Eurow and 530 towels.

18. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

That sucks, like Ken has, I also have bought some recently and they seem/are the same as all my other ones I have purchased over the years. Maybe he just got a bad batch, I am between 300-400 of his towels and not one has caused a problem. Like I said I hope it was just a bad batch.

19. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

ya possibly.

20. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

Regarding The Pakshak towels of old
    There is a company called Microfibre Korea who rang me a year ago about stocking their towels
    According to them, they used to manufacture the Pakshak

We now use their blue 16 x 24 (pakshak ultra microband style) towels for general use and they are excellent
    however if I wanted to get custom towels made and I certainly do, it would be significantly expensive due to the number needed to be made per run in order to make it viable