Metro Vacuum

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Phil.P, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Phil.P

Phil.P Any Rag Vehicle Washer

What's up guys!

Considering changing up my big old shop vac for the Metro Blow n' Vac.

I saw on DD that there's the 200$ "2 in 1" and the big one @ 300$.

I'm under the impression that the "big one" is ONLY a blower and not a vacuum.

Since the smaller one does both, is the 4hp motor "up to par" to blow water off the car? I'm considering this because I'm tired of using and squeezing out water from my drying towels. I have to consider that I also do jobs on to go (mobile).

To sum it up, is the 200$ Metro WORTH it as a blower and vacuum?

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Metro-Vac-N-Blow-Vacuum-Cleaner_p_210.html

2. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Hello Phil.P -

I have the longer Metro Vac with the single 4 hp motor; its a great vacuum without a doubt. I have never tried to use it as a blower, but will tomorrow and see how it works.
    I am sure though, that the Metro Master Blaster with 2 - 4hp motors will blow the heck out of water droplets..
    Good luck with your research !
    Dan F

3. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

Its a great vacuum. It also works well as a blower too. My only gripe about it is that every few cars (depending on the state of the vehicle) you will have to change out the collection bag. Replacements are cheap, but I would order a few with the vacuum.

Its also verrrrrrrry quiet!

4. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Get it, it's a great vacuum. You can't go wrong. I got one and can't say one bad thing about it. It has plenty power to dry a full-size sedan or truck pretty quick. The only thing I'd recommend is picking up another 6ft hose. Only reason is so when you go to use the blower side you are not blowing dust out of the same hose you use for vacuuming.

5. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

I have the longer Metrovac that hangs on my wall and it comes with a nice cloth bag that is easy to turn inside out and clean, even wash it out and it dries really quickly. You can get a replacement cloth bag for I think something like 10 bucks..
    Dan F

6. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

To add to this question, as a blower, it's good enough to dry a car? I know the Master Blaster is the best, but would the Vac N Blo be a good compromise since it's also a vacuum?

7. Phil.P

Phil.P Any Rag Vehicle Washer

WOAH! Thanks for the help guys!

For the hose switch between vacuum and blowing was one of the concerns I had with the Metro. If you guys say it's powerful enough to dry a car/truck that's maintained, I should be all set!

Is the upright one "portable" to some extent? I could probably fab up a little jig with caster wheels and some wood lol! If not, is the real portable one AS powerful as the upright one?

This is at the top of my buy list right now! Thanks again!

8. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Phil P. --

The longest Metro Vac that I have, comes with a bracket part needed to screw into your wall, so it will hang, and it comes off really easy. This biggest model also comes with wheels that are screwed into the body so it rolls easily. Metro vac also sells a set of 4 wheels on a cart that somehow attaches to the models that dont come with wheels already.
    Now, the only thing the longer machine like mine is going to be better at is that the bag is cloth, and the entire length of the machine, and its washable, holds a lot more stuff, and is reusable. It still has the same 4 hp 3 stage (I think) motor as the other shorter machines.

Hope this helps.
    Dan F

9. DaytonaJae

DaytonaJae Birth of a Detailer

I don't currently own a car/shop vaccum and am curious, how much power is 4hp in a vaccum?

The only experience I have with them are the coin operated ones at a car wash/gas station.

How does it compare in power to the coin op ones?

10. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

The Vac n Blo should come with a small dolly that attaches to the base of the vacuum. It uses those sticky tabs and works very well. Mine came with the dolly so I'm sure yours should too if you decide to order. As for how much power does the 4hp have, well it's power will surprise you. I couldn't believe how much power the thing had when I first used it. Definitely worth the money.

11. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

The Metro is rated at 95-in of water lift. My Ridgid WD4070 is only 45 inches. There is a very significant difference. The Metro will lift carpet and you will often need to use the bleed off on the nozzle to reduce suction but never saw a need for one when using the Metro.

I cannot speak about co-op but I bet they vary a lot.

As for a blower, the Metro with the end cap on the intake side (no cloth bag or paper filter) has the equivalent blowing power as the Metro Master MB in 4 HP mode. You can dry tires fairly easily but it could be slow to dry paint especially paint that does not have much of an protection since water does stick to the paint.

12. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

It would be nice if the Metro is a wet/dry vacuum.