Metro Vac (master blaster hose)

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by kdude, Dec 26, 2010.

1. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

Has anyone else had an issue with the Metro Vac Master Blaster Hose... Mine came apart at the point where the hose meets the rubber coupling. It just pulled apart with little force or abuse ...

I am / did contact Metro vac for a response about a claim for warranty ...

I'm surprised that a unit of this quality would supply a hose that is not up to the task of Car Detailing ....

Let me know if you have had the same issue.. My Vac is about 4 months old with light use...

Ciao,
    Howard

2. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

had tremendous problems but the co sent me a brand new replacement nice but still had problems. fixed them myself. slipped a 1 1/2 inch drainpipe (plastic over exit at machine) drilled through pipe and hose put a nut and bolt thru that with a radiator clamp to secure both. never a problem since then. it also keeps the hose from kinking when pulled around car. this machine now is by far the best thing i have in my aresenal. i love it now. by the way the drain pipe was plastic and 12 inches long

3. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

That really helps... I'm hoping i get the replacement under warranty and then i'll do the same fix.

Even if they decide not to send the hose i'm going to use your fix.

I love this machine too... it really helps get the water out between the nooks and crannies.

Happy holiday's ..

Howard

4. Bunky

Bunky Guest

Can you post a pic?

5. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

Yes I'll do that tomorrow... Stay tuned :)