1. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Well I just ordered my Metabo. Actually I accidentally ordered 2 of them. So Ive gotta get the order fixed. But Im hoping to have it by this weekend for a Mustang Ill be detailing. :D

2. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

Congrats on the buffer, i have heard great things about the metabo... and remeber we want pics of both the buffer and the car :D

3. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

4. Nica

Nica Banned

Sweet, you'll enjoy the Metabo it's quite the tool. I'm very pleased with my Metabo, it's a handy tool to have. Ordered two of them sweet :D actually I've been contemplating ordering another Metabo...as a back up. The Makita will be gone soon so I'll be down to Metabo and Cyclo, it's always good to have another rotary just in case. I was actually thinking of purchasing another Makita, that way I would have the Metabo, Makita and Cyclo...but I wouldn't mind having two Metabos either....oh well I'm sure I'll make up my mind shortly lol.

I look forward on seeing the pictures buddy and look forward to you using it. So far everyone that has purchased one has not been disapointed, look forward on hearing your feed back.

5. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Hope you have fun with your toy! Please post pics :D

6. ChristR

ChristR Birth of a Detailer

The Metabo is great! Light weight and good quality-feel.
    The power is just awesome.

Why don't take two? You have two hands, right?
    You could be the first in the world with Dual Action Metabos! :D

But remember, Metabo says:
    [​IMG]

7. maesal

maesal Birth of a Detailer

Great machine, I'm enjoying it 1 year and a half.

8. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

You should keep BOTH. when one heats up move on to the other!

9. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Damn, all this rotary talk is tempting me, which is BAD!!!

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Speaking of Metabo and rotary's after using the Makita on my last detail I can see why some people favor the Makita but I personally still prefer the Metabo.

However, the Makita did not heat up at all...not even a little bit and I gave it lots of quick burst...turn it on and turn it off lots and it still did not heat up. I can't remember who it was that said it but size does affect the cooling mechanism on the Metabo. Metabo is a great tool, but ventilation is where it seems have a slight disadvantage. This weekend I’ll use the “don’t turn it off” method on the Metabo, so I’ll polish straight with out turning it off. This should work just fine on the Metabo because it will maintain air flow, reducing heat building up on it’s self.

I like both and I'll be keeping both, I have to admit though Makita is great on flat panels but Metabo kicks it's but on horizontal panels, that's just my opinion though. With more practice with the Makita I'm sure I can make easy work out of the horizontal panels but I still think the Metabo is a kick ass tool :righton:

I'll keep both and look forward on using both :thumb:

11. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Sounds good Nica. The flex rotary is even worse than Metabo, its heat up FAST!

12. Nica

Nica Banned

Really hmm...that's a bit of a shocker, I was under the impresion the flex would have better ventilation..but I've never used a flex so I'm just going off by what others have posted at other forums.

13. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Strange, me and my friend worked on a car together this summer, and his flex heated up faster then my metabo...