Mercedes CLS63 AMG gets Modesta

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by HUMP DIESEL, Sep 14, 2015.

1. HUMP DIESEL

HUMP DIESEL New Member

I received a phone call from the client. He explains that he has this black AMG and that he wants the works, and he wants this new coating that his friend has told him that I have. Okay, we talk a bit and he states that he wants inside and out, and I give him a quote.
    A couple of days before the delivery he text me and says he may not get the interior. I say to him,"It would be a shame to have the vehicle in, do all the work to the exterior and not address the interior." He says that we can talk more about it when he drops off the car.
    Sunday afternoon rolls around and he pulls in.

[​IMG]

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2.
    [​IMG]

BIG CAR!!

BLACK CAR!!!

We discuss the interior option and he gives me the go ahead to handle everything.
    Next evening, Monday, I get started with full cleanse, foaming with Chemical Guys Citrus wash, two-bucket method. The wheels had been recently installed, so wheel woolies and citrus wash was all it took to clean the wheels. The tires on the other hand had to be scrubbed three times, once with Megs APC, once with P21S TAW and then I actually took 1Z Einzett W99, and brushed it over them to get the crud off...Silicone Dressing anyone?

Once the vehicle was dried, this is what I find!!!

[​IMG]

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2.
    [​IMG]

The owner has only had the vehicle 3-months, this is damage from a previous owner. Tunnel of swirls was not a problem for the original owner. WOW!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Notice the letters. Dirt and crud behind the letters indicates someone who never had their car detailed correctly.

This is the point where I as a detailer start to think that this car may not be a candidate for coating. This is prior to speaking with the current owner and understanding that he has never ran the car thru a car wash and that he hand washes this car.
    Okay, I feel better now.

Onto correction. This is where the hammer falls! And when I say hammer, I grabbed the FLEX 3401, and a green Rupes pad, I know that would be considered blasphemy, but as detailers, we need to drop the egos and use what works. In this situation, the combo with Sonax Cutmax produced great results for the cutting phase.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can still see some haze, which gets cleaned up later.

I had to go heavy handed in some spots, rotary, M100, MF cutting disc, M100. Some areas were just rough.

I pulled the lettering off so that I could get the areas cleaned and corrected.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Slow and steady!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now we are getting somewhere.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Outside prior to any coating.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Primer applied

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Afters:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Modesta BC-04 applied to the paint. CarPro Dlux applied to wheels faces, interior was steamed, carbon areas treated with Klasse AIO, leather was cleaned and treated with Swissvax leather glaze and leather milk.

HUMP

Activa 2 likes this.
  2. AndyThomason

AndyThomason Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Unbelievable!!! Love those HRE's too. Those care are boss.

How did you pull the emblem lettering and then reapply it properly and in line?

HUMP DIESEL likes this.
  3. HUMP DIESEL

HUMP DIESEL New Member

Andy, I pulled the emblems with fishing line and then cleaned off residue with 3M adhesive remover. I made a template to put them back on. Tedious, but there was not way to polish around them all.

Yes, the HRE's are a great addition to this already beastly car.

HUMP

4. AndyThomason

AndyThomason Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I've always wondered the best way to put them back on flush and even. And of course in the correct spot. Cause you're right, it does make such a difference.

5. HUMP DIESEL

HUMP DIESEL New Member

I used the 3M red double sided tape. It is thin but very strong. There is a company that makes the templates on a peel off that you can align all of the letters, but I forgot the name.

HUMP

6. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

Great job. One of my favorite Benz's