Mercedes Benz S500

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Bernhard, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Bernhard

Bernhard Birth of a Detailer

This car was in a terrible shape when it arrived, specially when the price on this is almost $200.000 here in Norway.. But people have different sight on things..

This is what I had to deal with..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Degreased with CG Orange Degreaser and foamed with a stong mix with Valet Pro Orange Prewash, CG Grime Reaper, KCL Micro Royal, CG Citrus Wash & Gloss og Optimum Car Wash.

Tyres and rims got 3 rounds with Valet Pro Bilberry and CG Grime Reaper and brushes..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I used friday evening to test out some different combo's and ended up with 3M FCP UK and 3M green pad and finished of with 3M Ultrafina UK and blue 3M pad.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some inspectionshots from Saturday:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On Saturday I put away the 3M stuff and out with my Scholl products, and started with Scholl S03+ and blue Scholl cutting pad and finishing with Scholl S03+ and orange Scholl finishing pad, so here are some 50/50's

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jacked up the car so I could easier detail the lowest panels of the car:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wipedown with Menzerna Top Inspection, expensive ut a very good wipedown. And followed up with CG Jetseal and Swissvax Insignis:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The rims also got CG Jetseal.

And now, over to the real makover on this car..........

The interior:

Before:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

During:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On the interior I used:

Foma Combivac with CG Green Clean
    Scholl Purple 9000 on vinyl
    CG Streak Free Glass Cleaner on the windshields
    Swissvax Wood Polish on the rainforrest interior
    CG Leather Cleaner + CG Leather Conditioner
    Swissvax Leather Brush
    CG Green Clean before Scholl Purple 9000 to clean up the vinyl
    Swissvax Detail Brush

2. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

Excellent turnaround

You are a very brave man for using a car jack to detail the car, I'd personally stick some jackstands there for extra safety.

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

amazing turnaround! Love those S-class Mercedes, love that air suspension!

4. Domman56

Domman56 Birth of a Detailer

you know As a mercedes fan and collector I found a number of things i didn't like about this actual car (The V8 badge on the rear, the exhaust tips and the wheels) Not really a bad wheel just not for this car, might look better with the mercedes center cap. However as a fellow detailer MAAAAAAN do i feeel your pain for getting it in that condition i know i have to deal with these mercededs in that condition all the time

5. Bernhard

Thanks guys.

I agree with you Domman56, but I only detailed the car, I don't own it.. I asked the owner if I could please remove the V8 badges, but no.. This car would have looked much better with Mercedes AMG rims...

6. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

very nice one!

7. bentley147

bentley147 Jedi Nuba

this was a crazy turnaround ..i would of took 2 days with that car ...start with the inside first ...i like the color also ..good job ....its looks very cold there how do you do it ?

8. richy

richy Guest

Good Lord that car was terrible...I've seen people take better care of Kia's for goodness sakes!! Very nice turnaround on it though. I agree with above; I don't think an S class should be pimped out...it diminishes the class of it substantially.

9. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Great turnaround ... that car was in terrible shape. That's a very unique color!

I don't want to sound disrespectful, but is there a reason why you didn't dress the wheel wells?

10. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

Looks great, how much NOK did you charge for this job?

11. Bernhard

Thanks, it wasn't cold, around 18 C degrees..

Thanks, and I agree, but as I said, it's not my car:spank:

Thanks, the color is not very unique here in Norway, but it looks very nice when it's stretched up..

Easy, I forgot to bring CG Bare Bones, and the owner was waiting for the car, I buffed of the wax at 00.30 on Sunday night, so I didn't have the time either..

Thanks, around $900 for this job..

12. POPPAJ

POPPAJ DB Forum Supporter

$900.00!!! :yikes: I'm moving to Norway!

13. Bernhard

Yoy're more then welcome :) But keep in mind that when you guy pay $28 for Megs MG #105 32oz, we have to pay $115 for the same bottle..
    A used Mitsubishi Evo 9 you guys have to pay $30.000 for, here we have to pay over $100.000 for the same car...

Insane, oh yes...

14. POPPAJ

POPPAJ DB Forum Supporter

I'll just sneak those things in my luggage. Don't know about the car though, may have to be a sub-compact. The wife's great at packing!