Menzerna Question

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by bewilliams14, Feb 28, 2008.

1. bewilliams14

bewilliams14 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I had purchased what says to be Menzerna Intensive Polish and Final Polish II from another site a while back however the packaging is different, similiar to the FMJ packaging sold on DD, than what most people have been posting. I was just curious are these the same products or is this something different. Has anybody tried both, and if so, are the results comparable or is one significantly better than the other. I apologize if this has been discussed but I could not find anything in the search forum

2. Nica

Nica Banned

I know exactly the ones you mean bewilliams14 as I own both.

If I'm not mistaken they are the same but just older formulas, I personaly like the Final Polish II. But as to which is better, I found them to compare quite well. I've used both and they both performe quite nice :shrug: just my opinion though.

Hope it helps :peace:

3. bewilliams14

bewilliams14 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

cool, thanks

4. Nica

Nica Banned

Happy to help bewilliams14 but I can't be the only one that has tried these bottles of menzerna?

You mean these ones:
    [​IMG]
    right?

Well I felt they performed quite well.

5. richy

richy Guest

I have a small bottle of FPII from about 2 or 3 years ago that I bought from Classic Auto. It is a very mild polish with less cut than 106. Hope that helps.

6. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

According to jeff silver if it says Menzerna on the bottle it is a Menzerna product. I too have those polishes and they work very well, there isnt much difference in the finish between FPII and 160FF.

7. cheeseenlo

cheeseenlo Birth of a Detailer

o man nica, that box is classic lol. i bought a bundle like that about a year and half ago with final polish II, finishing glaze, intensive polish, FMJ, and the auto shampoo. I've used maybe the final polish II by far the most, then intensive polish. IMO the FMJ was great but slickness was out the door within the 2nd wash.

I haven't used any of the newer formulas that phil has on his page, i did have some problems with both polishes at one point which led me to other brands, i know big no no. i'm reading lots of good things about SIP and 106FF, i think i might just go for those 2 for the heck of it.

8. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

For most paint correction PO 106 FA / 106 FF and PO 85 D3.01 polishes (LC White / LC Blue foam pads 1000 RPM) should be all you need.

Use PO S34A Power Gloss (LC Purple wool pad 1500 – 1800 RPM) for paint surface correction / renovation.

9. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

In the chart at autogeek, it reads that Final Polish (PO85U) has a cut of 3.0 while 106ff has a cut of 2.5. However, 106ff is for resistant clearcoats , so is this why it actually translates into a higher cut? On my Lexus, which has ultra soft cleacoat I only use the Menzerna Polishes made for conventional clearcoat because I am afraid to remove too much clearcoat with the other Menzerna Polishes.

10. Dave KG

Dave KG Jedi Nuba

The abrasives used in some of the products are quite different but the overall cut is quite similar - the means o best achieving it is what differs...

Take the two types of Intensive Polish: the one of the white rectangular bottles designated PO91L has quite a brittle abrasive that breaks down easily - makes it ideal for hand use but also means that by machine you've got to be careful not to use too much pressure and shatter the abrasives and this will result in less cut than you expect... By contrast, PO85RD3.0x available in the cylindrical bottles (the ceramiclear versions) have a stronger abrasive more resistant to weight, indeed seems to work a little better with weight. The overall cuts quite similar, but the means to achieve quite different in order to get the best out of the products in my experience.