Menzerna question

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Jadewall, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Jadewall

Jadewall Virgin Detailer

Hello all

I have a quick Menzerna question. Currently the two polishes I use are Power Finish and PO85RD. So my question is if I am looking for the next step up in aggressiveness what Menzerna polish should I be looking at? My car is a 2008 Subaru Forester XT and I here Subaru paint is on the softer side. Any recommendations would be a great help.

Ryan

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Get some SIP...

3. Jadewall

Jadewall Virgin Detailer

Awesome thank you. Can you confirm that Subaru paint is on the softer side by any chance?

Ryan

4. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

I would step up to a wool pad instead of using a more aggresive polish, something like Lake country foamed wool.

5. CG6Lemon

CG6Lemon New Member

menz sip is the most aggressive polish they offer. after that would be menz 203 which you already have. then menz 106 and menz 85

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Before going to a more aggressive polish, what machine and pads are you using? What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

7. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

PowerFinish and SIP have pretty much the same cut, the next polish up for menzerana is powerGloss compound which is a pretty heavy cut....i would say use wool with powerfinish if you are using a rotary or get some megs m105 which you can vary the cut a great deal.

2x what Ken said...what are your tools.

8. billy

billy Obsessive Detailer

+1
    Before buying something else i would try LC wool foamed pad
    just my :2cents:

9. ryanb

ryanb Virgin Detailer

I find SIP to have less cut then Powerfinish. I would alter your pad first. Powergloss is pretty aggresive.

10. Viny Detailer

Viny Detailer Any Rag Vehicle Washer

It would be good to post some photos for a better analysis. Without seeing it's hard to leave but a humble opinion.
    Luke ccs Kompressor or white and green with PF and SF achieves good results without damaging the paint ..
    PS. Personal opinion ...

11. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

This.

12. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

13. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Subaru is notorious for sticky paint at least when it comes to STI's not sure about a Forester.

14. Kilo6_one

Honestly Ive had to do some work on mine several times and never really found it to be all that bad. but i take it slow and work my way up. BUT, if you can work STI paint, you anything else should seem easier right LOL

15. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Are you using a rotary or DA?

16. Kilo6_one

DA, i have had to correct a fender and my hood...... seems my dog wanted to jump up on it. I used powergloss with a green uber, which did not do much other then some minor removal. Then went to a orange uber and power finnish and it worked perfect, finnished it up with a few passes of final finnish / uber green and PL and you cant even see it. scratches were about 8 inches long on the hood and 5 inches on the fender.

Is there a difference in STI paint between a DA and Rotary? i know some of the people who have used rotary's have had issues with it heating up the finnish making it real soft.

17. Jadewall

Jadewall Virgin Detailer

Currently Im using a PC with Uber green pad and power finish on the roof of my forester which is where the problem seems to be. For some reason there are some bad hard water spots that I cant seem to get rid of. I steeped it up to Power Finish with a Uber orange bad with no luck. I do have a Makita rotary but im not to the point where I feel comfortable using it on not a scrap panel. Sorry for the delay in getting back.

Ryan

18. Kilo6_one

have you tried a water spot remover or it that bad? Ive had not issues using PF on waterspots. do you have any pics to post?

19. Jadewall

Jadewall Virgin Detailer

Im gonna run and take a pic right now Ill have it up in a few min.

Ryan