Menzerna Nano Polish PO106FF really necessary?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by kav, May 9, 2008.

1. kav

kav Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I just finished a 6 hour marathon where I cleaned, clayed and polished the whole car (except the front clear bra).

I used Menzerna Super Intensive Polish PO83Q and the paint came out great. No marks, holograms, or scratches left over. Is it still necessary to go with the Menzerna Nano Polish PO106FF as suggested by others prior to sealing?

2. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Depends on how good you want the paint to look and if you can actually see a difference or not. IMO, without a doubt a finishing polish should be used.

3. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

Try a section and see if you note an improvement. Make your decision based on that. I would use it, but if you don't improve the appearance, you can opt to skip it.

4. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

What color is the car?

While yes, the SIP can finish nicely, it's the lighter polishes which really bring out the POP in the paint.

I personally ALWAYS finish with 085rd.

5. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I always use a finishing polish after SIP, whether it be 106FF, 85RD, or Ultrafina. Out of those three the 85RD yields the best results.

6. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

i agree

7. haper

haper Birth of a Detailer

wow, you're lucky, SIP alone took me 5 hours.

i did the same - after using SIP everything looked really good and i wondered if i needed the 106FF. i decided to do it anyhow and found it really helped the paint 'pop' as another person mentioned. plus, the 106FF was much easier to work w/ so i finished in half the time compared to the SIP.

8. Brent

Brent Birth of a Detailer

Really? I fine SIP to break down incredibly quickly when using Lake Country Foamed Wool. SIP on Foamed Wool with a Makita is an incredibly efficient and effective combo. Works wonders!

9. haper

haper Birth of a Detailer

i've only done two cars, but found 106FF much easier to work w/ on both.

but, i'm using a Flex w/ orange LC CCS pad w/ SIP. and a white pad w/ 106FF. your pad and machine combo is quite different.

10. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Haper after using SIP, use 106FF with a blue or gray finishing pad it will give you a better finish.

11. g35videos

g35videos Two Bucket System Washer

i ordered the SIP and recived 106FF instead because SIP will be out of stock for 2 more months, can 106FF be used with out the SIP or IP?

12. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

It can... you may have trouble with deeper scratches.

I've never tried really bumping up the pads with 106... I wonder how it'd work on an orange or yellow LC pad?

13. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

You can do that but you still need to follow up 1066ff with a finishing pad after using it with a white pad. 106ff might not get all your scratches out, but worth a try.

14. Brent

Brent Birth of a Detailer

True I used the foamed wool pad with SIP and a LC White Pad with 106 so I don't have a good comparison. The foamed wool pad is know for how quickly it corrects so comparing that to a foam pad is probably not fair.

15. g35videos

g35videos Two Bucket System Washer

I did a test area with 106FF followed by Final Polish by hand and the test area had 0 Swirls left but i need to try in on a larger area with PC.

16. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

"no holograms" maybe under halogen light....

wait till the sun makes your paint look hazy as all get out (especially after SIP)

sometimes evev after SIP and 85rd i still have some stray holograms....black paint is tough!

17. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

SIP + yellow sonus is the best combo ever!

18. Nica

Nica Banned

I've had great success with SIP and I too have had it finish down LSP but I agree 85RD finishes down quite nice.

I haven't used 106FF or 106FA for a wile now as I've been quite pleased with how 85RD has been finishing...I still like 106FF and 106FA but it all comes down to the type of clear coat your up against..well just my :2cents:

19. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Ive been wanting to try 85rd for a while, just dont know if its really worth it compared to 106FF and UF. Can you see the difference in the finish?

20. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

i havent tried that combo but I used white sonus with SIP and it was amazing.. followed by 3m UK blue with ultrafina...