Menzerna Kit vs Adams kit

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by LuDawg, Mar 4, 2010.

1. LuDawg

LuDawg Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hey Phil,

So I'm in the market to purchase a new line of polish/waxes and I've been checking out your kits on the DD website. Which do you recomend out of the Menzerna or the Adams line? Looking at the video's on your website I was really impressed with the Adams line. I don't know if it's just me but it seems like the Mezerna products seem to haze and you really have to work them in were in the Adams video's it seems like the product breaks down a lot faster. 70% of the cars I work on are black so the cuting power is important to to me. I currently use Meg's products and I'm looking to switch it up.

PS- In the Adams video's they used an attachement that went on a power drill for deep scratches and headlights. Will you by chance be getting sometyhing like that in?

Thanks!

Louie aka Lu dawg

2. Dylan@Adams

Dylan@Adams Guest

Hey Louie -

Allow me to step in and shed a little light on this for you on Phil's behalf.

I'll preface this by saying Menzerna makes very good stuff, and they have products at certain levels of cut that we would never ever pretend to compete with as our line is designed more for the do it yourself type and putting aggressive compounds and a PC in a novices hands is never a good idea.

That being said our system is extremely effective in most scenarios and theres no reason you couldn't have both our products (for light to moderate corrections) and their products (for more aggressive work) in your arsenal.

Obviously working for Adam's as I do I'm going to recommend our stuff and point out its backed by the best customer support and dealers (like Phil) in the entire business. But in the end we're not gonna flat out lie and tell you BUY ONLY OUR STUFF, ITS ALL YOU NEED!! There is no "magic bullet" in the detailing world. No one company has the right answer for you in every single situation so proceed accordingly. Perhaps entertain having our products as the heart of your lineup, but have products to fill other needs that we don't meet - l like in this case a more aggressive compound.

As for the 4" pad system it is currently available thru our website (Adam's 4 Inch Focus Pads Headlight Restoration and Scratch Removal) includes the backing plate, both the PC and cordless drill adapter and I can't say enough great things about it. You really get a great tool with that kit for fixing headlights, removing deep scratches, etc. I love it on the PC for buffing out the A,B,C pilars of a car and other areas where a full size pad just won't fit.

3. LuDawg

LuDawg Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Wow! Thank you so much for your honest answer! I was leaning more toward Adams products and I'll probably get the Mezerna for a more agressive polish as you suggested. Thanks!

4. Dylan@Adams

Dylan@Adams Guest

No problem. If you have any other questions feel free to shoot me an email or give me a call
    Dylan@AdamsPolishes.com / 866-965-0400. :thumb:

5. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

That was an outstanding answer Dylan. Props for that!

Now if more companies were like that, it would be wonderful.

6. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I answered the same way on the S2KI site.