Menzerna Expiration Date

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by jimlenz, May 16, 2009.

1. jimlenz

jimlenz Virgin Detailer

I just purchased a flex 3401 with Menzerna sip and 106ff. I noticed on the bottles that it said 24 months and had build date on them. What was sent to me was already 9 months old. Do these products really expire?

I will never be able to use these large containers in 15 months with only 2 vehicles. Thanks for your assistance.

Jim

2. Hmm...interesting. I just looked at my bottles of SIP and Nano and neither have an expiration date on them. I bought them in March of this year.

3. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

As long as the product doesn't seperate you will be fine.

You also need to keep product out of extreme Heat/Cold

Just remember....Shake It,Shake It...Shake It like a Poloroid Picture:headbang:

4. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

2nd on that.

5. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

i shake my jugs about once a week.

hehe...

6. grease

grease Birth of a Detailer

You do know not to shake a polaroid right?

7. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Ive never had any issues with my expired Menz products.

8. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

I don't think they will. If you are really worried about them, sell of like half as samples or something. Then when you run out, just buy a 16 oz bottle that Phil has :mounty:

9. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I have 24oz of 106fa, hope it doesn't go bad! I'm going on a shaking spree when I get home.

10. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Storage Temperature (Product)
    Car care products should not be stored at temperatures below 35 - 40oF, if they freeze they will become unstable and unusable, ideal storage temperature range- 50- 75oF with an average humidity range. Most car care products have a ‘useful life’ of approximately 2-3 years provided they are stored as above. If a product separates, shake contents vigorously for a few minutes

Do not store at temperature extremes 45 – 80.oF as heat will destabilise emulsified products (wax, polymer sealants, polishes, etc) and become unusable, avoid extreme temperature swings as the chemicals will become unstable. Most car care products (including Polymers) will separate and are no longer usable after being subjected to freezing temperatures