Menzerna Ceramiclear 106......

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Carn, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

I see this polish has been specifically designed for cars (MB) that feature the new ceramic nano type clear coats that are extremely hard. Is it possible/advisable to use these types of polishes on regular clears or is it a :badidea:

Can these polishes (Menz) be applied with a Flex or are they rotary only polishes ?

2. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

106ff and SIP can be used on any paint. Sometimes you might have issues with then when its cold out. You can apply them with a flex, but your best results are going to be with a rotary.

3. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

:agree:

4. vrwm

vrwm Jedi Nuba

Couldn't say it any better.:thumb:

5. Rickrack

Rickrack DB Pro Supporter

Both SIP and 106ff can be used on any type of paint, but will perform differently depending on how hard the clear is and your working conditions. These two products have given me trouble in the past when used at lower temperatures. Humidity also plays a huge role in how they perform. They just don't seem to break down properly unless you have perfect working conditions.

I have also experienced these products to be a bit "grabby" on softer paint, but work extremely well on hard paint, which they were designed for. After performing all of my defect removal with lets say SIP, I can usually finish it off perfectly with 106ff, but have run into a few occasions where the 106 was leaving minor hazing and micromarring under the halogens after a prep-sol wipedown on softer paint. I have found 3M Ultrafina to work extremely well on softer paint. It has gotten me out of a few jams where 106 just would not finish off perfectly. If you are stuck on menzerna polishes, you may want to try some Final Polish II which is made for conventional clearcoats.

Hope this helps...

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I have had great results using Menzerna polishes with both the PC and the Flex. You don't NEED to have a rotary to make it work.

7. Nica

Nica Banned

:nod: I agree with Rickrack :thumb:

Man with all the knolegable guys around I'm going to have to keep a close eye on threads so I can throw my :2cents: first :006: :006:

Just teasing, but yes 106 works great on any kind of clearcoat/paint but can act up from time to time.

8. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

But it don`t act up if you use it under the conditions it want :D Dry and warm detailing room, perfect for the polish and for you(me)

9. agentf1

agentf1 Jedi Nuba

I use them all the time on conventional clear coats.

10. Nica

Nica Banned

:nod: yup that's true pirex :chest:

11. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

These polishes were designed to work with high speed rotary polisher’s, utilizing friction to break-down the diminishing abrasives, while in the controlled temperature / humidity environment (working temp range 60 – 80 0F (15-26 0C) of a vehicle manufacturer’s paint shop finishing line.