Menzerna Acrylic Jacket followed by Blackfire wax

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by al1515, Aug 24, 2009.

1. al1515

al1515 Virgin Detailer

Hello to all from the Dallas, TX area. This is my 1st post. I have, to this point, enjoyed reading through the tips that have been posted on these forums.

I am trying to plan a detail of my 2008 white Acura TL Type-S for next weekend. It is my daily driver, and I haven't cleaned it in probably 3+ months.

After wash and clay, I am thinking about using Menzerna One-step Acrylic Jacket, followed by Blackfire Midnight Sun Wax.

Although this choice surely provokes some cringing from you diehards out there (who might prefer to carry out all steps separately: wash, clay, polish, glaze, sealant, wax), I am trying to save time (many family commitments!) by "skipping" steps where I can get away with it. However, I still would like to do so using only high-quality products.

Plus I already own these two products (among many others I have accumulated).

Question #1: What do you all think about this combo?

Question #2: Is there any cure time after MAJ before applying BF wax?

Question #3: Is it possible to use my Porter Cable for the wax, or do I just need to apply it by hand?

Question #4: If I also wanted to use Menz FT Glaze, would I be able to use it with Menz Acrylic Jacket? It seems that a glaze needs to be applied PRIOR to any sealant, yet FOLLOWING a polish, so I am unsure whether I would apply it BEFORE or AFTER MAJ (since it is part polish and part sealant).

Thanks, everybody,
    Al

2. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

Welcome from one texan to another,

Menz. AJ is a nice product, i'm currently using it as my AIO.

1) I think it's a great combo. The Menzerna will polish the paint a little, depending on the pad you choose ( i would use a green or white pad). Then with the wax, use a blue or red pad.

2) No cure time i'm aware of, i've been using without thinking there was a cure time.

3) You can if you want to, some people think it's easier to do by hand. All depends on you.

4) I'm in the same predicament. I've been wondering if this is possible too? I think that you could put it on afterwards, then finish off with a wax. Just the glaze over the AJ won't last long.

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

If you must use a glaze, apply it after the Menz one step as it has 106FF in it which will remove the glaze if applied beforehand. There is no cure time with the One Step, you can layer it right away. Follow up with the BF Midnight Sun. I always apply waxes by hand but you can do so with a PC and a 100 ppi pad ( LC Gold or GI Red)

4. al1515

al1515 Virgin Detailer

Solid advice.
    Thanks, Al

5. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

how do you apply the blackfire wax by pc guys? it is a hard paste wax not a liquid wax. do you scoop a chunk out with your finger and then smear it onto the gold buffing pad on the pc?

please explain, totally lost on this one.

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Good god man, we're not savages! :shakehead: Use a plastic knife or something. I got my wife to get me a proper condiment spreader at the local Homesense.

7. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

Or if you can, try to just take the whole wax "chunk" out of the tub, then while wearing a glove, rub it on your pad and your good to go.

I think it really depends on the wax too. I've never used any of Blackfire's products so I couldn't say anything about that one, but with P21S the wax is so easy to spread and to get on the applicator that there is no need to waste time with the PC on that one.

8. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

Midnight Sun is a lot like Souveran, very easy to apply!