Menzerna 106HMFA

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by FMINUS, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Home Made FA!

106FA
    Pros: Dusts less than 106FF, probably the best polish out there.
    Cons: Only available in 32oz, so no bulk discount, hard to find.

Heres a solution. Mix 1:5 Clearcoat RMG w 106FF to get the same results as 106FA!

[​IMG]

2. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

CK red has fillers in it right? Have you done a ISO wipe down after using this combo?

3. richy

richy Guest

FMNIUS..I mixed up a bottle of 75/25 85rd to RMG..have yet to try it out..my business has been really slow lately. I've also been busy personally, but I want to try it out soon...thinking with either my gray or blue ccs pad.

4. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Yea that passed through my mind, but I did do a couple of wipedowns to get used to the new polish mixture.

5. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Yes it does Dan, I tried once and did not see what all the hype was about. After using the Menzerna line you can get rid of glazes if you use them.

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice combo there FMINUS, I have all the ingredients to give it a go ;)

Thanks for sharing :thumb:

7. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

yes I was going to say fillers as well alot of guys were mixing ip and 106 with Adam's Revive Polish with great results but they have fillers in them as well.

8. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

That's a great combo FMINUS, good work there mister...

9. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Even though it may have fillers FMINUS is mixing in only 20% and unless RMG was 100% fillers I would think that the chance of the fillers it has masking something would be neglegible if not non-existent. I would think that what the RMG does is provide enough oils to keep the dusting down like Optimum Polish does. Remember that just because a product may have fillers it is not soley made up of fillers. You would need to know the amount by volume to really get a good handle on their ability to cover up. Like I said I would think that FMINUS' mixture would mask or cover up very very little if any at all.

With that being said I can tell you Asphalt Rocket that I have had very good success with RMG after polishing and before LSP.

10. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Better safe then sorry IMO. But as we all know, some "detailers" out there love fillers and they wont be sorry. IMO, they arent detailers and I dont have respect for their work. Like I said, those are just my opinions.

11. OrngeZ

OrngeZ Birth of a Detailer

i just prime my pad with optimum polish on the first pass..then go with 106ff the rest of the time and get little to no dusting....i have used rmg before to keep dusting down...but phil knows my feelings on RMG...smells like dead fish...

12. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

If polishing is done correctly the rmg is not going to improve it. If you are detailing and doing real paint correction glaze is not needed.

13. JLs Detailing

Never said needed but it sure does make a correctly polished car shine like crazy. May not be needed with that I agree but it sure doesn't hurt anything either when the car has been polished correctly. Show cars don't use it too hide swirls they use it because the shine is so great. I like to use it when I'm going to do a little something special for the customer, an added step that I'm doing just because I like them or the car.

And D&D, and like you say this is my opinion, just because a product may have fillers doesn't make it the anti-christ. I thing AIO's have their place and if a customer wants that and fully understands what that product is doing vs. a real paint correction then why not use it. And if I do that and give the customer what they want I don't think that puts me in your blanket statement of a "Below your standards detailer", just my opinion.

14. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Yeah... D&D is such a great detailer that he knows everything that it takes to be a "detailer", yet he has yet to post up some work. FULL OF CRAP!!!!:devil:

15. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

The whole purpose of having RMG is not to improve polishing but to reduce the dusting. I LOVE FA for that!!!

16. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Im gonna try the OPT method

17. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Fminus I understand why you use RMG. What I was telling Wolfpacker was there is no need to use glaze if vehicle is properly polished. And for show cars, my friend that does custom painting and does not use glazes either when we do his clients cars. Wasnt trying to start anything with you but, for someone who cant use a rotary i guess you would need glazes.

18. JLs Detailing

Nice one I see we've stooped to that now. Sorry I don't live up to your expectations just let me know when you plan on being on here and I'll refrain from logging on out of fear that my inequities will offend you.

19. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

no offense taken!!! :awesome:

20. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I thought I told you i have no problem with you. Not stooping to anything, was making a point about glaze and have never judged you on any type of skill level. You are new to this and are trying very hard to get all the knowledge you can-I was just trying to explain that its not needed. When I told on another thread not to give up on the rotary I was trying to be rude, I just felt you should have given it another chance so you could reap the rewards from its use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.