1. JohnyB

JohnyB Birth of a Detailer

I would like to get my feet wet with menz products i mostly correct audi and vw paints (brutaly hard but yet easy to scratch) i will be ordering from eshine so with there menu in mind all tips tricks anything is welcome. ty

2. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

What kind of machine are you using?

3. vrwm

vrwm Jedi Nuba

Menz SIP and 106FF or 106FA, are the polishes designed for hard paint. :thumb: They could also be used with softer paints. I know Menz IP has the same cut as SIP, and 106FF(or 106FA) has the same cut as Micro Polish. I forgot what the true differences are between products as some have the same cuts, some just have more lubes than others. Hopefully more Menz Gurus will chime in.

4. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

I don't know Menz welll...but i think SIP is the heavy cut, 106FF is a polish that finishes down really nice, and 106FA is the one with more lube.

I am going to be ordering some for myself to try out from Chris as well.

5. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Yeah, SIP and 106FF are designed for the harder clearcoats on some German cars (including Audi). I just did my '04 Audi Allroad using PowerGloss and 106FA. The 106FA really worked well on it. Cleaned up some micro-marring from the PowerGloss and finished down very nicely. I was using a Flex 3401 polisher. IP is a great polish for softer paints, such as Acura. I did a MDX a few months ago that was just hammered with swirls. IP provided a 1 step polish as it provided a lot of correction and finished down very nicely. I'm looking to keep PowerGloss, SIP, IP, 106FA (got it when Phil at DD had some), and Micro Polish in my aresenal right now. Hopefully, Phil will chime in as he is very experienced with Menz polishes.

6. JohnyB

My bad hehe 9227c dynabraid orbit head and g100 also soon to purchase FLEX da. my pads of choice atm are the megs line they work well and are very easy for me to get my hands on. <----little more info.

7. Nica

Nica Banned

If your polishing Audis I'd recomend Menzerna Power Gloss, Power Gloss has a wicked bite and if you find the proper pad (foam or wool) it will be your best friend. I've used Power Gloss with Meg's cutting wool pad and it does an incredable job at correcting, it completely flats the paint and a second and even a third stage of polish will probably be required.

If I was to recomend you something I would recomend Power Gloss Compound, 106FF and 85RD.

Now you might be wondering why would I recomend 106FF and 85RD when they potentially have the same characteristics, but in my opinion they do not have the same characteristics. 106FF works great has a reasonable cut but to finish of with 85RD gives that extra umph to the polish, well this is just my opinion hope it helps.

8. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

I totally agree on the Power Gloss. I've been using this a lot lately with my rotary and wool, I've also had good results with a light cutting pad. The only thing I don't like about it is that it tends to dust a lot. I've been mixing Optimum Hyper Compound with it, that really cuts the dusting down. The Power Gloss actually finishes down pretty well.

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh yes, the dusting. That's one of the cons about the product, but I got used to it, it dosen't bother me any more :shrug: but that's just me. I tried mixing Power Gloss with Optimum and I didn't like it, not sure why but it just didn't blend with me hahahaha get it blend hahaha okay bad joke lol just couldn't help my self :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

Oh and yes somtimes Power Gloss can finish LSP depending on the vehicles clear and the pad combo, that's what's so great about Menzerna it's capable of producing incredable results once you find a pad combo that works for you :thumb: Key thing is to find a combo and have fun finding that combo :hippie:

10. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

hmmm maybe I should get some power gloss for the hard clear coats. I've been using sip and a yellow pad for scratches on hard clears.

11. Obsessive Detail

Lance

Are you using a PC to correct with or a rotary? I prefer wool to do heavy compounding and then finish off with a polishing pad. I hardly ever use a yellow cutting pad anymore. Wool is so much easier to work with and the machine works so much smoother. The yellow cutting pad produces a ton of heat too with the rotary.

12. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

I was using a UDM. I've upgraded to the Flex. Thanks for the info though. :buffer:

13. Obsessive Detail

I haven't heard if anyone has tried the Flex with wool yet. I'm interested to see how that would turn out.

I'm really thinking about adding the Flex to the collection of toys! I hear so many good things about it.

14. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

I personally have Power Gloss, IP, and 085rd.

I'm considering the 106ff right now as yet another level between the IP and the 085rd.

I've been REALLY happy with what I have now.

I'd say for entry level with a Flex, get the IP (or SIP), and 106ff or 085rd.

15. JohnyB

(Just a little interuption) heheh you guys rock! ty ty ty great info keep it coming.

16. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Wool with power gloss is an awesome combo, I am not a big fan of the yellow pad. You can get power gloss down to what looks like lsp, but i prefer to go over it with sip, then 106ff with the right pad combo to get excellent results. I have to agree with Nica on 85rd giving you alittle extra umph after 106ff. I have been saying this for awhile, some just dont see the difference but there is one. As long as you get the right pad combo you will get that little extra umph.

17. vrwm

vrwm Jedi Nuba

Good to know, I have SIP,IP,106ff, and FP, I'll be looking into some Powergloss and some 85rd.:thumb:

18. Nica

Nica Banned

Yup, I thought I was loosing it when I saw the results for my self using the 85RD after 106FF or 106FA. Glad I'm not the only one though, I know the UK guys have posted numerous testimonials of the 85RD and how well it finishes off :thumb:

19. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

You should have the whole line IMO, PG, SIP, 106, and 85rd.

20. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

85rd is pure sex...SIP has never failed me...my Power Gloss has been used once and it didnt even touch it so he repainted the etch mark.

no need for FF 85rd cleans up SIP as it was designed to do

FA is good when your only getting paid for 1 step polishes as it has more bite than 85rd but finishes 90%

btw according to Menz 85rd finishes 100%, FA 90% talking about gloss