Menz 203s Alternative?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Dannyk, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

My Menz 203s is currently depleted and was looking to see if i should try an alternative. I mainly use a rotary for my details.
    Comments or suggestions are welcome.

2. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

You shouldn't. Just buy another bottle of 203S and enjoy!

4. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

There is nothing like 203 to be honest; however, like some of the posts provided in that link say, I am a huge fan of the Prima line and I cannot get enough of Prima Swirl, its such a utility polish. The price is nice too.

5. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

I believe Ken (911 Fanatic) mentioned that the newer version (cool label) is less abrassive.

6. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

I would be dissapointed if it was less abrasive, it was perfect the way it was. It may lose its versatility. Although thats not a bad business move since it will force people to buy at least one other product to achieve the same results one polish once did.

7. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

The new formulation is indeed less abrasive. It is supposed to be situated somewhere between SIP and 106. It used to be closer to SIP.

8. P1et

Well that's a doozie... That product was perfect the way it was. Might have to buy a bottle before it is sold out everywhere.

9. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

Wich formula are you talking about? It sounds that you have been using PO203 and not the PO203S. P0203 is less abrasive then PO203S and it also delivers a better gloss.

10. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

We have 203 but over here, the cut is almost thew same as SIP ( your RD3.02) and so Menz is changing the formula. Our SIP has a cut of 3.8 while 203 has a cut of 3.5 so Menz is changing it. No point in having two almost identical polishes. What they should have done was dump SIP and bring FG500 over here.

11. teak

teak Birth of a Detailer

Say it ain't so. I really like how 203s cuts and finishes, and works well for those one step jobs. Maybe I need to stop at Menzerna USA on my to work one day soon and purchase some.

12. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

I am almost done with 32 ounces of PO203S Power Finish, cut of 3.5 out of 5, gloss of 3.8 out of 5. It has been a great polish and a definite 1-step that is clean, no dusting, and easy to remove.
    I just finished a 1995 BMW 540i in Alpinweiss using this product with a Lake Country Green Foam Pad and a Rotary. Paint was on the medium-hard side (lots of repainted panels) side, but finished very, very nice and clear.
    Am also going to go find another bottle of the original formula...
    Dan F

I just went to Menzernausadotcom and they only list PO203S Power Finish....

13. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

It was too perfect. They had to get rid of it!

14. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

In Europe the PO203S is the most common "Power finish" but, as you know, their is "Power finish" in three version(not confusing at all!). I am sure that PO203 will come back to north America.
    I can say that FG500 will not come to the US, due to the VOC regulations. I am not sure about Canada, but I don't think they will just bring it for the canadian market. I hope that Menzerna will bring
    a VOC approved heavy compound such as FG500, since it's very good.

15. teak

teak Birth of a Detailer

so, true.

16. P1et

Phil, do you have any P203S left in stock?

17. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

I was a big fan of Menzerna, but as my stock ran out, I've replaced them with M105, D300 and Uno and with the new version of Uno (v4) coming out that beta testing says has a lot more cut but still finishes as good as before, I might drop M105 (hate the dust).

18. Stangalang

Stangalang Any Rag Vehicle Washer

105 used properly can both cut and finish like 203s

19. dschia

dschia Jedi Nuba

Menz 203s imo is easier to achieve consistent result over a wide range of clearcoat by simply using the same technique. Old but gold imo.