Meguiars Swirl X and Ultimate Compound?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by B.Prug87, Jan 10, 2009.

1. B.Prug87

B.Prug87 Guest

So i emailed Meguiars about these new products and i was told that neither need a finishing type of polish...which kinda confuses me because from what i remember reading on here and other detailing forums is typically you usually need atleast 2 polishes or 2 polishes on top of a compound. So he continues to tell me that it doesnt leave behind swirls and should be better then #83 and finish up very nicely on its own. I guess it shares the new technology thats found in 105 and 205.But im curious to how well these 2 work because it can be used by hand or DA.With that being said i wonder which pad should be used so it finishes up really good?

2. akimel

akimel Birth of a Detailer

I am very much looking forward to the no doubt forthcoming reviews of these two products. Presently, of course, hardly anyone has any experience with them. I am not surprised that you were told that SwirlX does not need a finishing polish. I imagine that if one is not satisfied with the finish created by SwirlX and a polishing pad one would simply switch to a finishing pad and complete the job. But I have assumed, perhaps wrongly, that one would need to follow-up UC with either SwirlX or M205. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

The question for me is whether to stick to my M80 and finish off my bottle (it's 90% full) or spring for a bottle of M205. I can't make up my mind.

Cheers,
    Al

3. B.Prug87

B.Prug87 Guest

ya he said the new products should be on all shelves by the end of this month.so i will be visiting my local advance autoparts and pep boys sometime in the near future.

Al i have a question for you.Have you used any meguiars wax or sealant that hasnt stained the trim.Thats a big downfall of some of the stuff iv tried from them.

4. B.Prug87

B.Prug87 Guest

i found this thread on MOL
    Aggressiveness Order for New Consumer Products - This will surprise you! - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online
    If i remember correctly 83 almost always needed to be followed by 80.So if i was to use UC id have to follow up with something else if its that much more aggressive.so i wonder if 205 would be a good choice??Mr. Philips does say though that 205 was designed to be used with a rotary after 105.so im not sure if 205 would work well with a DA after the use of UC or SwirlX.

5. akimel

I believe that all of Megs' waxes do stain trim if not immediately wiped off of it. Not sure about M16, though.

6. akimel

After reading Dave KG's review of M205, I'm sure that M205 would work brilliantly after either Ultimate Compound of SwirlX. M205 is approved for D/A use. The only question is whether one will need to use it. We need to remember that these new products are based of Meguiar's new non-diminishing abrasive technology. This means one can get different levels of cut from each product, dependent upon pad choice, pressure applied, and work-time. What this means in reality, though, I guess we will all have to discover on our own. I look forward to the reviews from the DB experts. :)

7. B.Prug87

B.Prug87 Guest

i really wanna try M16.i thought i read that it lasts a pretty decent amount of time.

8. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

If I'm not mistaken, the new super micro abrasives in these products all finish virtually wax ready, the only difference is that some of these formulations (products) cut more (they have more of these super micro abrasives in them.)

Just remember to use the least aggressive method to achieve your desired results (this is also what Meguiar's Inc. teaches.):thumb: