Meguiar's DA Microfiber System

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by LAV86, Feb 11, 2013.

1. LAV86

LAV86 Two Bucket System Washer

What do you guys think of this kit?, I want to use on my black BMW...car has a fair amount of Hair lines on in from normal hand washing...

2. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

I use it all the time with great results. I've been using D300 or Menzerna FG 400 and finishing Menzerna SF 4000 with a foam pad.

3. Mpower4life

Mpower4life DB Pro Supporter

fantastic system for cutting. may consider an 80ppi foam pad for finishing (check out some of the latest finishing polishes)

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

yep....... I concur with the above. In fact most of my foam pads just sit and watch now.

Use the green for a follow up, but that is about it.

5. pmakhija

pmakhija Any Rag Vehicle Washer

what speeds do you all work with when using the Megs DA MF system? I am thinking of starting the use of the D300 with a Uber MF pad from Detailers domain. What are your views on that guys? I am still relatively new to this so I am trying to gather as much info as I can.

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Great combination. The Megs pads have a bit more cut than the Uber/Optimum/CG ones but they also tend to clog up more. Keep the machine at 4.5 - 5 and use slow arm movements. You should get great results with that combo. D300 can fill like crazy so make sure to do an IPA wipedown after polishing to ensure you got the results you were after. I would suggest Menz FG400 instead of the D300. No filling and doesn't clog up the pads anywhere near as much.

7. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

My MF LC pads are similar, the high foam backing on the uber/opt pads is nice but it seems to contribute to heat build up in the pad. The MF pads with shorter more dense foam does not build up heat as quickly as the the Uber/OPT pad. I am going to order a few Megs pads and compare them to the LC pads pretty soon.

8. Mr. Sparkle

Mr. Sparkle DB Pro Supporter

I find the megs pads heat up fast in comparison to the optimum pads (every pull off one smoking hot?)

D300 is great and I use it often just not a huge fan of those megs pads. they do cut a bit more though

9. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

ken whats difference between fg 400 and fg 500? do you have a system for cleaning them on the fly?

10. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

From my experience BMW Jet Black is a soft clear. D300 on a Megs cutting disc might not finish down without some marring. Maybe try a Megs finishing pad with some 205 or Menzerna or Optimum first or at least have some polish and pad options available to get it to finish nicely. Just a suggestion.

11. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Hey Dave. Been a while since I used the FG500but I believe the FG400 cuts a bit better, less dusting and finishes down better. I use a nail brush to gently clean the pads, The FG400 doesn't clog the pads at all and cleans up very easily.

12. Merlin

Merlin Virgin Detailer

I've been using the Megs MF DA discs since they came out. They do tend to clog but a quick cleaning on-the-fly and it's good to go.
    The recommended process is to use compressed air but since day one I use a bug sponge between panels with excellent success.

[​IMG]