Meguiars APC+ dilution rate for carpet cleaner?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Strokin04, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Strokin04

Strokin04 Birth of a Detailer

I have a Bissell upright carpet cleaner and was wanting to clean my house carpets and GF's car interior carpets with it. I was wanting to use Meguiars APC+ but I am not sure of how much to put in the solution container. I was thinking 2:1, since the machine already dilutes whatever is in the solution container before spraying it on the carpet. So to all the experts, what should I dilute the APC+ to clean the carpets? Thank you in advance for all advice!!!:shrug:

2. Gemini13

Gemini13 Obsessive Detailer

Can you just pre treat it and extract with the upright?

3. Strokin04

I can for the car but, for my house carpet I like to go over the whole are once with carpet cleaning solution and then one more time with just plain water.

4. Gemini13

Gemini13 Obsessive Detailer

I don't know about the dilution then. I would just mix up enough at 10:1 to do some test spots and then increase from there if it doesn't cut it.

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Start with 10:1.

6. Strokin04

I will try the 10:1 and reoport back on how well it works. Thank you Supercharged and Gemini13 for the help.

7. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

If you have the gallon jug it says right on the back how to use it. I'm pretty sure the other jugs have it too so just follow the directions :)