Megs wheel brightener VS CG premium blue?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by supercharged, May 1, 2008.

1. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Those of you guys who tried both, what would you recommend??? Chemical Guys premium blue, or Megs wheel brightener??? How effective are those wheel cleaners? What's the best dillution ratio? Safe? CG seems to be citrus based, what about wheel brightener? Any acid in those??? Recommended???

I need a little feedback, please.

TIA.

2. Kron

Kron Two Bucket System Washer

Wheel Brightner has quite a high acid content.

3. getcha

getcha Jedi Nuba

I spoke with paul and he told me that the blue wheel cleaner is D-limonene based. Wheel brightner is the ABF(HF after its hydrogenated) wheel cleaner. Itll tear you up if you spill it on you. But if youre safe, it tear up some really nasty brake dust. Why dont you pick up a WB sample from ADS for the heavy stuff and then a premium blue 16oz for the others.

I usually use around a 1:5 ratio on the WB. That being said, most wheels I see are maintained well so I have only needed it a handful of times. Rips through the tough stuff from what ive seen so far

4. Nica

Nica Banned

I used Meg's wheel brightener for the first time last night on some tough, tough baked on brake dust. I first used my favorite P21S Gel and it worked okay but Megs wheel brightener is something to respect wow, this stuff is super strong and it actually smelled quite nice, I wasent expecting that.

Any who, I used it diluted at 4:1 and it worked great...you'll see on the next detail I post up. But I would consider Megs wheel brightener as a last resort.

As for Chemical Guys premium blue, I can't really coment as I've never used it :sorry:

5. dengood1

dengood1 Birth of a Detailer

I got some WB last week and diluted it 1:1 and had to finish up with some ARO because it didn't do what I thought it would. To me, ARO is better, but I haven't given WB a good enough chance yet to judge. I haven't used the CG stuff yet so I can't comment.

6. supercharged

Thanks for replys, guys, I might pick up a sample ot it from ADS...
    Anyone else???

7. dengood1

That's what I got (32oz. with sprayer) just to try it out. You can't beat ADS on prices. It seems that the gels (PS21, DP, etc.) work better for me. I'll update if I see different results with more use.

8. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

what is ads?

9. dengood1

autodetailingsolutions:)

10. supercharged

Gels are more gentle...this would be the option for really dirty wheels...
    I'm thinking of 1:6 ratio...1:4 sounds to be a bit strong.

11. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

bought tons of stuff from ADS ... ill post some pics as soon as they arrive..

12. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Most of the wheels I see are NOT very well maintained so WB is an absolute savior. I use it a ton and have not had one single bad experience with it. I dilute it 4:1 like the directions say and it works like a champ. I would never be without this stuff. It works best too if you use a foamer head instead of the traditional sprayer. Dont use it on uncoated aluminum though. WB is the absolute best at cleaning chrome tailpipes too. Just spray on and agitate and rinse and they look polished! If you are concerned about the low PH of WB here is an option.

When I use it I use Majestic Solutions Super Green Stuff that has a high PH. Not caustic but has a high PH nonetheless. I clean the wheels with WB then rinse and then clean tires and wheels with the SGS and that way if any WB migh be left behind the high PH of SGS will neutralize it. You don't need to do really any agitation of the wheel just spray the SGS on and rinse off.

Now I also have CGs Blue Citrus Wheel Cleaner. I use it 1:1 and that works best. Its really gentle and safe for any wheel type. It doesn't pack near the punch that WB does but is great for slightly dirty or maintained wheels. I didn't want to fork out the $$ for P21S so this is my alternative. This cleaner, however is not very helpful at all if you don't use a foamer head with it. If you get either I would suggest you invest in some foamer heads. You can pick those up at ADS as well.

So if you are dealing with wheels that are pretty well maintained get the CGs Blue Citrus, but if you encounter a lot of crappy wheels with baked on brake dust by all means get WB. Or if you encounter both you couldn't go wrong by having both in your aresenal. Hope this helps.

13. supercharged

thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for!!!