Megs slide lock $1 AutoBarn

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by MrPolished&Waxed, Apr 2, 2008.

1. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

What a rip off!!!

;)

3. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Oh hell...and I just got my 3 Swissvax Wheel brushes today. Screw it, I'm buyin 12.

3 for me, 3 for littlemissGTO, 3 for DJ_JonnyV and 3 for Black Diamond...sounds good to me.

4. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Yeah, those got my interest, but the $6+ shipping on them didn't. I'd be interested in a few in order to save on shipping, so PM me if you're interested. Thanks.

5. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I have a master plan...stay tuned.

6. cheeseenlo

cheeseenlo Birth of a Detailer

Before any of you guys buy anything from Autobarn, this is just a heads up for you guys. They have terrible customer service and shipment of product is almost non-existent. I put in an order on 3/13 and still have not heard from them. No tracking number, nothing.

-Sam

P.S. Check out Resellerratings.com and search for Autobarn. Read up.

7. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Too late...

Oh well, we'll see how good or bad my experience turns out to be and I'll be sure to let you all know.

To make the shipping worthwhile on twelve $1 brushes, I added one of these carts.

Gonna keep my fingers crossed and hope it doesn't turn into a :fight2:

8. cheeseenlo

Damn, I really hope they don't give you a hard time. When the 2nd week passed, I e-mailed them and got a quick automated reply with a ticket to a site that shows that your order is to be reviewed under HIGH priority, which i believe is BS. Then a week later, without a tracking number i e-mailed them again demanding my order to be canceled. I'm sure they screen the e-mails and reply back only if your not trying to cancel with them. Good luck with your order.

-Sam

9. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

cheese, mind tellin me what u ordered from them? did you eventually get it? If you think I should call my CC company and tell them not to authorize anything, lemme know.

10. cheeseenlo

To be honest, I think you shouldn't deal with them. I never got my order and i never received another e-mail after i demanded my order to be canceled. I bought the Brinkmann Dual Xenon Flashlight and a cabin air filter. Total came out to $60 and change. They never charged my CC company. So its up to you. Maybe they'll ship it you never know. One thing for sure i'll never deal with them online again. I ended up picking up one the cabin air filter at one of their store locations.

-Sam

11. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Point well taken Sam...I just got off the phone with AMEX and was told I can call back after 48 hours and cancel the charge. If I get a tracking number before then, I'll let it go through.

Thanks,

Gary

12. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Uh oh, I ordered a brush from them a few days ago, but I just got the email from them today, +1 on the slow customer service.

13. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Well, I received an e-mail from Autobarn the same night I ordered the 12 brushes and cart. Since I hadn't received anything from them since, I entered my order number and zip code. Lo and behold, UPS tracking number showed up and I should receive the cart and brushes tomorrow.

I guess my odds were 50/50 and luck was on my side this time. Still, I think I'll take my business, and chances, elsewhere next time.

14. DJ_JonnyV

Nice!!! You willing to part with a few of those? I know we traded some messages back and forth. I'd be more than happy to chip in on shipping as well. Cleared my PM mailbox.

15. littlemissGTO

littlemissGTO Welcome to Detailing

Hey I'd be interested in picking up a few from you as well.

16. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I ordered 12 brushes from them and the transaction was as smooth as silk

17. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Okiedokie, I have 12 total...I'd like to keep three (3) for myself, two (2) are going to a friend/co-worker of mine and I'm chargin him $2/brush. So if you guys are willing to part with $2/brush, the two of you can duke it out over the 7 that are left. I'm also willing to do a sample trade type deal. Dunno if Black Diamond wanted in on this either.

Maybe this will be the impetus for the StL meet?

Ya, pretty smooth from my point of view also. I think you have to consider what item you are ordering from them, like something drop shipped from a manufacturer?

:shrug:

18. DJ_JonnyV

Sent PM wanting 2 please.

19. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Roger, waiting to hear from l.m.GTO.

20. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

ordered 3 brushes and some lexol, no probs.