Megs Slide Brush

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by agpatel, Nov 7, 2010.

1. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

So who uses them? I have used mine 1x time and that was when I did a full detail and did not pay attention to its effect on the paint, do they marr the paint? I know the SV brushes can if used dry and a chance even if they are wet.

2. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

It's a bit rougher than my Raceglaze set, definitely.

3. lasthope05

lasthope05 Jedi Nuba

+1

I have 3 of these brushes along the way with some RG brushes. I did fine out that these brushes are made out of boars hair and that I see a few prominent detailers on DW use them on paint .

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I have some RG ones but mainly use SV wheel brush on paint right now but the Megs one feels somewhat the same as my SV/RG ones...Only time I really use a brush is around the grills and window surrounds.

5. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Hmm, maybe mine got a bit stiff from not using it for a while.

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

The boars hair will stiffen up a bit after awhile. I find the at the bristles on the Slidelock aren't stiff enough at any setting for doing around emblems etc if there is any dirt build up at all.

7. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Yeah I have several Meg's Slide Lock Brushes and the bristles are just way too soft to do anything, at any of the five "settings." I know a lot of detailers on DW use this brush but IMO, you may as well just try exhaling instead because that's about as much scrubbing power that the brush has to offer.

8. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

This brush is terrible IMO. Not great for actually "cleaning" purposes but instead more for light agitation.

The bristles bend back to much to actually agitate heavy grime from emblems and badges. I prefer for the slightly firmer SV brushes for agitation and wheel cleaning.

9. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

I use mine for cleaning interior vents. Works great!

10. Emile

Hey Dave. Have you tried SV Pneu brush in place of the Meg's Slide Lock? Or you just stick with the SV Wheel and Detail brushes?

11. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

true that, Megs brush sucks ass...

12. dschia

dschia Jedi Nuba

I use the meg side lock brush all the time for interior. Works for me..

13. flatstick

flatstick Birth of a Detailer

I would agree with the other posters on this brush. I use the brush for interior only and it works well for me.

14. Paul S

Paul S Birth of a Detailer

I have had excellent resuls with the slide lock brush on the interiors but have never used it on exterior paint or wheels. The pointed wheel brush and tire brush are also favorites of mine. :thumb:

15. lasthope05

lasthope05 Jedi Nuba

I actually just got my Megs brush in today and tried it out on wheels, emblems, jams and interior. I think it works extremely well in all of these areas. The long bristles are soft bend easily making them very gentle on what your are working with and when the slide is all the way down the bristles become more dense and less likey to move around giving it more aggressive agitation ability.

My RG brushes should be coming in next week so I'll see how the megs brush stands up to them.

16. Lito

Lito Any Rag Vehicle Washer

where are you guys buying this brush?? i tought it was discontinued

17. Emile

It is discontinued but they still have it in the UK I believe, and I just randomly find them on eBay here and there.

I recently purchased two of the Meg's Gold Class Wheel Brushes off of eBay as well, which is also discontinued! Woohoo!!

18. lasthope05

lasthope05 Jedi Nuba

PAC still sells them. It seems like they still have a bunch in stock along with the tire brushes.

Meguiar's <br> Pads, Tools & Accessories

19. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I got mine from PAC they have gotten some of the discontinued brushes. Tripple duty one was great for pad cleaning.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk