Meg's new Microfiber Compound coming soon

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Jul 13, 2011.

1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

Hey all got some request to stock the new Meg's Microfiber Compound/Finishing Wax along with their respective pads.

We should have these up by on Monday.

2. TurboJoe

TurboJoe DB Forum Supporter

Great overall products! The guys use these at work every single day, and seem to enjoy it. I haven't seen any of them enthused to pick up a rotary since! Results are never perfect, but for the effort it takes (or lack there of) the cars look pretty darn good! Easy on, Easy off. Cars feel extremely smooth afterwards, however the wax titles itself as a "30 day" wax, so an additional lsp may be helpful. Dont expect it to take out deep RIDS or anything, but it does surprise me every time to see how many defects it actually does remove.
    I'd say it's a must have for everyone's detailing collection, beginner or advance. I've even used it to polish out the faces of a set of black 19" wheels... a place I wouldnt dare taking even a 3" pad on a rotary.
    BUY IT!!

3. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

thanks Phil, I asked you about this a little while back. Ordered one from PAC during the closing sale but it was out of stock when they went to fill the order...looks like you'll benefit!

4. detailersdomain

I will try to get this up on the site asap.

which one are you looking for or do you want all of it.

5. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

i tried to order the complete 5" kit.

6. detailersdomain

We will have the pads as well the the chemicals.

7. KlineS157

KlineS157 Birth of a Detailer

I got the pads from PAC at closing but the 16oz compound was out of stock. So I'll be buying some of that as well at that new hydro seal kit and a couple spray bottles. Any idea on the timeframe for wolf's? Hey Phil would you ever consider carrying the detailer line if megs mainly the gallon sized products?

8. detailersdomain

You know I have been wondering that as well but Meg's may not want more resellers not sure I would have to look into it but which items in particular.

The wolfs should be in 10 days.

I believe Jesse is planning to ship on Monday.

9. detailersdomain

10. vasaline

vasaline Two Bucket System Washer

That was quick! Will you have a combo package Phill? Something along of the lines of the pads and polish together with a discount?

11. detailersdomain

maybe not sure yet. its been a pretty long day.

12. KlineS157

KlineS157 Birth of a Detailer

APC - D101
    APC + (No Foaming) - D103
    Quik Interior Detailer - D149
    Glass Cleaner Concentrate - D120

These are the ones i use ALL the time, i cant speak for others, but i do see other members using just about everything with good results.

Imo, those 4 are very good products, especially the APC pair.

I've never used either of these but they seem to have great result with other members
    Paint Reconditioning Cream - D151
    Body Solvent - D130

Maybe a feeler thread would be beneficial.

Thanks Phil

13. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Never used the Finish wax or Finish pads but D300 is fantastic even with a foam pad and the MF pads are great as well

14. detailersdomain

15. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

D151 is an awesome AIO, IMO better then the Zaino AIO, it can remove some pretty decent marring, scratches etc.......... but it depends on pads obviously

16. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

I heard some of the early pads had poor durability and would separate. Would anyone happen to have any pictures of that? I would like to see.

Overall it sounds like a great system and with proper care I hope these can last quite long.

17. MelF1fan

MelF1fan Birth of a Detailer

I think the failures were due to people using higher speeds and pressures they normally use with traditional foam.

There is a specific speed for each the compound and finishing wax. About speed 4.5 on the PC/Megs and about 4.0 on the Griot's DA for the D300 compound.

and speed 3 for the finishing wax.

You have to clean the pads very often during use but they do work quite well.

Glad to see Phil carrying them now.

18. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I don't post to often about my work with products but I had a chance to use this today and I was blown away! With very few passes it cleaned up the marring/swirls on my MK4 with ease!!

19. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

The only thing that may hold me back is not having compressed air to clean them, granted they are machine washable, that doesn't help when you are in the middle of a detail and want to clean and reuse them. I know you can use a brush too but reviews say it still leaves product on the bottom of the fibers which can lead to marring.

20. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

+1

Polish / Compound -the system consists of two polishing liquids, the D300 Compound which utilizes SMAT technology (non-diminishing abrasives) and the D301 Finishing Wax which uses polymers, silicones and carnauba for a high gloss protection.

This is a thick, gray colour All-In-One wax that uses both ultra fine SMAT abrasives to lightly polish the paint as well as leave behind a formidable blended wax (synthetic and carnauba wax). This is used on a the DA Microfiber finishing pad which features a softer, black foam backing and a unique nap of fibre.

If the paint you’re working with requires an intermediate step, try M205 with a foam finishing pad after the Compound and before the Finishing Wax. The Surbuf® R Series pad M105 combination has the edge in cut, although it doesn’t finish down as well as the Microfiber pad

Microfiber Pads - need to be kept clean for optimal results, and this is best done using compressed air. Users who do not have an air compressor will have to use a brush or towel, but they don't fluff up the fibres as well as compressed air. The system also consists of two types of microfiber polishing pads, one for cutting and one for finishing. The microfiber material is firmly bonded to two different densities of foam backing, Red for compounding (higher density) and Black for finishing (less dense). There are three sizes available 3, 5 and 6-inch.Each liquid was developed to be used with its correlating pad.

Meguiar's backing plates -the hook and loop backing is different from standard as it allows easier pad removal, and it also helps keep the pads cooler. For the 6 - inch pads you will want to get the S6BP backing plate. For the 5 – inch pads you will want to get the W67DA backing plate. For the 3- inch pads you'll need to get the S3BP backing plate.

Pad designs with a low nap (i.e. Surbuf® R Series ® micro fingers and Meguiar's micro fibres) these types of pad compositions works more efficiently utilizing an orbital (centripetal) motion, rather than a rotational (centrifugal) motion.

Meguiar's D300 Correction Compound / Cutting Microfiber – (Burgundy backing foam) prime the pad (you should still be able to see the fibres) and then add four pea-sized dots of polish. Spread the product at speed #2 over a 12 x 12 – inch area, increase to a working speed #5 using a firm downward pressure and a slow linier speed of 1-inch per second for a total of 5-6 passes. Inspect paint surface

Meguiar's D301 Finishing Wax / Finishing Microfiber- (Black backing foam)spread at speed # 2, and then icrease to a working speed #4, work into surface for a few minutes using light pressure and a slow linier speed

Clean pads with compressed air or change pads frequently