Meg's MF Cutting Pad not "sticking" on Backing Plate

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by JordanL, Jan 12, 2014.

1. JordanL

JordanL Virgin Detailer

Hey everyone, I just picked up some 5" Meg's MF cutting pads from Phil. I just put them on my GG 6" that is paired with the uber 5" backing plate to see how they fit and to me they felt a little loose compared to the foam pads that I've used on there. I turned on the machine and it put it on speed 5 and after a few seconds the pad started to wobble, like it was going to fling off so I stopped it and the pad had shifted of center from where I placed it. Have you experienced this before? I don't really know what to do at this moment. Thanks - Jordan

2. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Is the backing foam connected firmly to the MF portion? Message Meguiar's they will make it right.

3. JordanL

JordanL Virgin Detailer

Yes, it fees like it's connected properly. I did happen to phone meguiars and they blamed my backing plate for the pads not sticking, but the other foam pads i've used like the uber's work fine.

4. RZJZA80

RZJZA80 Two Bucket System Washer

The Megs MF pads don't even stick very well to the Megs backing plate. I switched to the LC backing plate and it sticks just fine, go figure.

5. EbbeJ

EbbeJ Jedi Nuba

Or even better - get the Mirka backing plates and pad savers.

6. Mdintx

Mdintx New Member

I haven't had problems with the Cutting Pads but I had big time problems with the Finishing Pads. One flew off the polisher when I was cleaning it. I had a set of 3" Finishing Pads. One of those came apart while using it and the other was already separated.