Meg #40 or Opt Protectant Plus?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by sal329, Jul 15, 2008.

1. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

What do you like better for the dash and door panels, #40 or OPP?

2. Joyriide1113

Joyriide1113 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I haven't used OPP, but I love #40. It is water based, yet dries hard and alst a long time. Dust barely attracts to it and the cleaners in it clean very well.

I only use a few squirts here and there, and I get the entire interior done. It has a darkening effect, but is not shiney or glossy.

3. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I wish I could tell you! I haven't tried either of them... yet. I've only used PB's NL up until now but I hope someone can chime in who has used NL and the above dressings.

4. budman3

budman3 Birth of a Detailer

NL - Natural looking, no cleaning abilities
    OPP- slight shine but still very natural looking, slight cleaning sbilities
    #40- more shine, more cleaning ability than above

All of them are water based and are good products. I only use one of the 3 on my details, you can't go wrong. I think the OPP comes out to be the cheapest per gallon, but don't quote me on that.

5. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

I love OPP :D

6. HAN

HAN Birth of a Detailer

Can't speak about # 40, but I absolutely love OPP on my car. The new version has slightly more shine (and a better scent) than the last version, FYI.

Pete

7. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Thanks a ton for this response budman! This gives me more reason to try them out for myself. Thanks again buddy!

8. Cooter

Cooter Guest

I really like OPP, Silk Shine and BF Interior Protectant.

OPP smells great now. Old formula-stanky!
    OD Silk Shine smells insanely good.
    BF Int Pro looks awesome. Matte and no smell at all.

9. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

what's OD?

10. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Obsessive Detail I believe.

11. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I used #40 for the first time in my fiances Accord and I like it. I get it locally which is a plus. Comes out to be a lil cheaper then OPP, there is a place on the net that sells Optimum products for good price and their shipping is very reasonable. I am still torn on tryin OPP. So many products so lil money

12. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

If you like #40, then why change? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

FWIW dressing the interior makes subsequent cleanings more difficult-I get streaks and blotches that I never got before. I've just quit with interior dressings all together these days.

13. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I don't think sal's saying that #40 is broken but he's just curious about trying something new. Sure we could stick with something that's tried and proven but what if, just IF, there is something better out there that you just so happen to like more than your go-to dressing?

Everyone has their own different take on detailing and some of us, such as myself, are always striving to find the best product for every application/situation. I've found that if I stick with water-based dressings for my interior, my subsequent cleanings are no different than not dressing my interior. Just my personal experience. :angel:

14. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I love the nice leather scent of OPP. It is my new favorite interior cleaner/protectant. It leaves a nice matte finish and none of the glossy, oily look.

15. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I just can not help but to try more things. I like what I use but I hear good things bout other products. If money was not a concern I wold just buy it all and do my own tests lol

16. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

Every dressing I've used on interiors has been water based. I get this streaking with Natural Look, OPP, etc. It seems to be worse on some interiors than others.

17. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Have any pictures by chance?

18. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

I really don't take pictures, and if I did, with my camera skills I doubt I'd be able to photograph it.

If you want me to give you more details about it, I will be more than happy, but I don't want to make this a thread jack.