Measuring out shampoo?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by mb43, Apr 5, 2009.

1. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

Do you measure out shampoo precisely? I just make two circles on each wash mitt with Adam's and a capful of ONR and spray in some P21S TAW and it works great. Oh and my bucket is half full.

2. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

I have a 50ml beaker as well as a 1oz shot glass with the measurements on it. Those are my weapons of choice when I measure things out :) Recently picked up a 100ml beaker too for the bigger dilutions haha :D

Graduated Cylinders work great too ;)

3. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

i have a 2oz shot glass with measurements that i use

4. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

5. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

OH! iirc....some soaps will say X capfuls equals to Y amount of product

6. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

I use a measuring cup.

7. wagonproject

wagonproject Jedi Nuba

I just use a lil plastic cup similar to a dixie cup. Has lines/grooves it in so its easy to measure stuff out.

8. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

Yeah I have a measuring cup in my cabinet... But measuring the water in the bucket is the problem.

9. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I get the pump dispensers for my gallon containers. One pump equals 1 oz of product.

10. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

^ Can you post a link to them please?

11. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

Don't get those, they suck... I've only used mine once and they're pretty useless.

I just use a clear plastic cup. Measure 2oz/4oz of water, put it in the cup and mark it.

12. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I use mine all the time to measure out ONR and it does a damn good job of it. For thick liquids, then I can see why you think they suck. I also use pump dispensers for my gallons.

13. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

me too. I love it!

14. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

I use the cup method as described above and also have 1 oz shot glasses...i always measure...as far as the "x capfuls per gallon" or whatever i would take the cap..use water and see how many capfuls it takes to make an ounce. Thats how i arrived at 1 oz per gallon for 1z perls.

15. corrswitch

corrswitch Jedi Nuba

I just got ONR so I'll be measuring a lot.

Luckily I got a pump sprayer with measurements to help me get the right dosages.

If I did not have those measurements, a crude idea could be to use a measuring cup to add in water of different measurements and using a marker to keep track of how much liquid to put in for future usage.

Luckily I got my sprayer so I did not have to spend that time measuring myself.

Hope this helps.

16. DC5Berry

DC5Berry Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I went to a grocery store and bought a glass 4 oz. measuring cup. It's only an inch in diameter..so it keeps a low profile :)

17. liverbomb88

liverbomb88 Virgin Detailer

For viscous shampoos like Megs GC, I hate using a measuring cup because inevitably I cannot get all of the shampoo out of the cup. I hate a cup, or anything for that matter, with residuals left coating it.

Similar to JL's method of attaching pump dispensers to his gallons, I use my wife's empty leftover Neutrogena Rain Bath bottles/pumps and refill them with car wash. A pump dispenser is perfect for viscous liquids. Any leftover hair shampoo bottle with a pump dispenser should also work. I determined that 7-8 pumps on the Neutrogena bottle equals 1 oz. Yes, I'm a cheap-ass, but there's no mess, no extra cups lying around, and it saves one additional plastic item from going to the landfill.

18. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Exactly what I use... quick, convenient and efficient.

19. richy

richy Guest

I guess I'm the only lazy ass on this board who just dumps in an approximate ounce...ONR, I use the cap method. Works fine for me. :)

20. dschia

dschia Jedi Nuba

Me too, just the cap method and it works fine..