Meadowbrook 08- tons and tons of pic (over 100)

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Calgarydetail, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

We arrived in detriot Friday night, took the rolls (still in trailer) to the parking lot that all the cars were being held in. We then went to the rm party and art auction, I tried to convince the owner of rm to trade my house for the 56 gullwing.... things didnt work out.

Anywho, the next morning broght an awesome seminar on ferraris and collecting. It was an interesting look at what was collectable and what was not. It was also neat to hear about how poorly built ferraries were bult in the 50's.
    Come 11 it was auction time. The auction was great, lots of cool cars. For some reason the cars were sellng low so lots of great deals were to be had.

The guy i went down with ended up buying 3 cars. Here they are

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

anyway, my friend ended up buying a 1913 michigan, a 32 (i think) packard town car in stunning shape, and an orignal 1937 cadilac V16 that was used by clarck gable in gone with the wind. The car look like it had been restored but had not, it was just in awesome shape.

here is my gull wing sitting outside after being sold for about 500k (the person got a killer deal on this car)
    [​IMG]

2. Calgarydetail

The concours...finnaly

The enterence to the event was filled with super cars, including the new lambo.

We had to stop and drool a little, we also got to see them move the mc12 and the veryon. I have to say the mc12 was way more impresive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now for some pics of the event, sorry for the poor pics but it was hard to take pics with all the people, someone was always in the way.

there will be pics of a two tone grey roll royce, thats my friends. It did not win anything.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Calgarydetail

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    the next few pics are of the caddy before the show, we had to give it a quick shine, it needs a good polish but i have to fl bac to do that
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here is the mormon meator, this car is worth and estimated 10mil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

a motorcycle with a cannon on the back

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Calgarydetail

5. Calgarydetail

6. Calgarydetail

bumpidy bump

7. Nica

Nica Banned

Wow, wow...:druling: :druling:

There was a Veron there :thud: I've never seen on in person man next year I need to tag along with you...wow..those Ferrari's are incredible wow :worship:

This is my dream Ferrari:
    [​IMG]

But I have to admit nothing like the old school:
    [​IMG]

Just look at this beauty:
    [​IMG]

:worship2: :worship2: wow, just wow...man seriously next year I'm going with you.

Oh by the way, your friend shops like a mad man. THREE VEHICLES!!! :worship2: :worship2:

Thank you for all the pictures Mike :thumb:

Did I read correctly, you said the MC12 is better then the Veron? :what: :what: I've seen an MC12 at Gerrys shop but never a Veron so not sure how they would look in person, but now I really want to see one....one of these days I'll have all the vehicles I dream off, one day soon :thumb: Nothing like good motivation :cheerl:

8. Calgarydetail

they had some amazing cars this weekend, i was kinda turned on by some of them :thud:
    i love the ferraris, made me want an old califrona....to bad i dont have th 5mill to get one.

yeah the mc 12 sounds mean.....like make you jump mean...it was awsome. the Veryon was very quite and calm. It didnt have that super car sound. Plus the mc12 looks better :applause2:

and my friend does know how to shop, all the cars he bought are undervaled by ateast 50k. Hes planning on selling them in a year or two, he will prob make 250k in a year off them

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Come to think of it, I never did hear the MC12's engine...mm...:thinking:...well Gerry told me the MC12 is back in town and will be visiting his shop again...time for me to visit Gerry more frequently :whistle:

Yea, the old school Ferrari's are super expensive, but boy do they look incredible :worship2:

Yea, I figured your friend purchased them because the price was right, I mean seeing as things have slowed down quite a bit I couldn't see the vehicle being auctioned going for top $

Man seriously though, next year I'm going with you!!

10. Calgarydetail

I have some videos of the cars on my camera when i get them to work ill post them

11. Calgarydetail

ok here are a few videos for you carlos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Nica

Nica Banned

Videos are a nice touch but why so short :confused: such a tease :fs:

Okay now load more videos, longer...oh and nice comment..."...MC12 is better..." :poke: :poke:

13. Calgarydetail

i dont have longer, i didnt have m video camera so thats all i got...mc12 is better, its one of my fav cars

14. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea, yea...:shakehead: :shakehead:

Can't afford an MC12 just yet but I can afford one these bad boys:
    [​IMG]

I'm willing to settle for one of these, yup, I can live with one of those :druling: All the peaces are falling together :thumb:

15. Calgarydetail

pick it up from the states, so much cheaper, heck if you want i can bring it back for you or aragine or help with all the paper work and stuff

16. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea, with the economy taking a hit, it's the perfect time to purchase one of my dream toys, paper work...:confused: what's that, all I need to do is add those extra "0"s to the cheque :shakehead: :shakehead:

When I'm finally ready will have to sit and chat ;)

17. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Beautiful cars. Thanks for the post!

18. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

I cant believe i missed this. Some good pictures you got and beautiful cars

19. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

Better put your order in now or youll be waiting for a long time :graduation:

20. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

Nice pictures! Always a fun event with lots of nice cars