MD, VA, NJ, DE Meet?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by willjco, Oct 26, 2009.

1. willjco

willjco DB Forum Supporter

I have been wanting to try to schedule a meet for some time next spring. Was wondering what the interest level was and if anyone that has a shop or facility wants to host it?

2. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

We've been trying this on and off for a while. We need a shop to host it.

3. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I think Darkstar 752 (bobby) was trying to set up a get together at Phil's shop, but Phil was extremely busy.

I would like to meet more people and learn more about detailing.

4. willjco

Yea last time Phil said he was too busy to host one. Does anyone know of another shop in the area that could possibly host a meet?

5. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

Ill host it. if everything works out how i plan within the next few months ill be able to have the whole 3 car garage/shop detail party status

6. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

I would definitely be interested.

7. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

yeah, theres a few of us in the area. billyblooshoes, darkstar, mr shine and some others. I think sundays would work best for most of us. It would be cool to have a couple of these throughout the year next year.

8. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

Let's make this happen guys. Even if we can't get an actual "detail day gtg" going til after the winter we should still all try and just meet up sometime for a little meet and greet. I think that would be really cool.

9. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Product samples and trades too.

10. anbuzero

and if i do host it please bring booze :thumb:

11. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

im in ..id love to meet you peeps and trade .chat. drinks..

12. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I would be willing to meet up as well. I literally live down the road from Phil's shop so I'm in the whole vicinity of where we would/could meet.

13. willjco

so we have a place to meet... What time in the winter/spring do we want to pull this meet Sunday ?/?/2010

:drinking2:

:applause2::applause2::applause2:

14. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

A place was the only thing holding us back before. Now that we're serious we could use a couple donor cars, I'm sure we have more than enough equipment. Someone should buy a giant order of like 4oz sample bottles for product trading.

Now all we need is a date. :applause2: I'd rather it be warmer, I think detailing in the cold would suck balls unless it's indoors.

15. anbuzero

well as long as theres not like 50 people im sure my 3 car garage with heat and central air should be just fine to detail in :) now i just have to clean it out :/ i want to maybe set something up for late november/early december. but i know a lot of us have classes and finals around then so im not sure... what do you guys think?

16. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

I am definitely down for this, late November or early December would work for me, hell any time as long as its a weekend would probably work for me. I just went to an Autopia meet in VA and it was a blast.

17. willjco

any sunday after 11/16 except for 12/06 and the week of christmas, i am willing to make work

18. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Donor car ... I have access to a 2004 black nissan sentra that is in terrible shape. I was planning on using this car as a guinea pig next spring, but I can get my brother to lend it to me. He doesn't care for the car, but it has potential to clean up really good. I'm willing bring the clay, LSPs, and a few other things. I don't have a buffer or polishes/compounds though.

I can post pics when the weather clears up ...

19. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Anbuzero, how far ar you from Philly?

20. willjco

What major city are you close to so everyone can see how far you are from them.