Matte Black wheels- white residue on them

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Denalio, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Denalio

Denalio Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I just received my brand new Matte black 3 piece wheels (powder coat). gloss inner and outer barrels and matte black center spokes. The first thing I did before install was clean them and put on 2 coats of CG Jetseal. After the first wash I dried them and there is a white residue on the matte black portion. How do i get this off and what is the best way to prevent it in the future? I am sure I could use some QD to shine them, but that I think will just mask the problem until next time. Any recommendations?

2. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Can you post pictures so we can see what your talking about? I have matte black wheels and mine have little white dots its clear coat problem.

3. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

So, was the white residue on the wheels before you applied the CG Jetseal or afterwards?

When you applied the product and wiped it off, did you notice any residue then ?

Dan F

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

sounds like (and this is without pictures) maybe the jetseal was not completely buffed, or whatever you used to wash them left a residue.

What did you do to "wash them" process and product usage will help with a educated answer.

5. Denalio

The wheels were definitely clean when I put Jetseal on. Perhaps I didn't buff off well enough. I went over them with iso alcohoI and it was coming off with some effort. So I applied some sonax wheel cleaner washed off then followed with Iron-X just to be sure. All the residue is gone now. I think it was the jetseal that left the hazy residue. Never ran into that problem before with jetseal.

6. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Doesn't sound like a problem with the Jetseal to me. I have had this same issue with matte black wheels what ended up being the problem for me was the wheel cleaner or soap I used dried too fast and left a white residue on the wheel.

7. Denalio

I dried them right away after I washed with Optimum carwash