Matte Black Lamborghini Gallardo - Mini-HD Detail

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by David Fermani, Apr 6, 2014.

1. David Fermani

David Fermani DB Certified Manufacturer

[SIZE=11.5pt]HD Car Care - Detroit is sponsoring the MotorCity Gumball Rally this year and this Gallardo was one of the cars I prepped for the Detroit Autorama a few weeks back. This customer actually drives this vehicle all year round and I didn't have time to do a formal detail prior to the event so I was required to do it down at Cobo Hall the night before the event. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]Here's what it looked like before I started.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt][​IMG][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]I started getting to the dirt off with HD Touch. A liberal amount is critical to not marring this delicate matte black finish. Not much more could really be done due to the finish. HD Touch made things look really clean while giving it a silky sheen feel.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]The carbon fiber hood was in nasty shape. I ended up using HD Cut with a Meg's MF cutting pad to clean everything up. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11.5pt]Befores:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]Here's a video showing the 50/50 after HD Cut:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]CLICK: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]http://youtu.be/WVJjd87mqqg[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]And then here's yours truly cutting out the rest of the crap on the other side of the hood with the Kevin Brown Signature Series Rupes 21:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]Here's the finished product after HD Speed with a HD POXY topper. Cobo Hall lights make a properly polished surface look amazing.[/SIZE]

2. JordanL

JordanL Virgin Detailer

Great work!

3. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

nice work.

thanks for sharing!

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I wish the entire matte movement would go away. It's just so terrible. Wonderful work cleaning the car, but as a detailer, the satisfaction is in perfect paint...

5. David Fermani

David Fermani DB Certified Manufacturer

Thanks Jordan!!

Thanks Phil!!! My pleasure!

LOL! This is actually a wrap! :) I dislike them even more, but atleast you can peel them off!