Mammoth size sea sponge

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by distrbd, Apr 28, 2008.

1. distrbd

distrbd New Member

Hi all.
    I just got this sea sponge and I had to let you all see it ,this thing is huge.
    I put a ruler next to it so you can have an idea how big this thing is,the ebay store doesn't have any more in stock otherwise I would have bought more and send to a few members who need one,I can cut this thing up to 3 or 4 pieces.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nica

Nica Banned

Wow that's not a sponge bob :shakehead: that's the caveman version of sponge bob hahahahahaha.

On a serioius note lol...that's huge..man that's incredable :yikes:

3. littlemissGTO

littlemissGTO Welcome to Detailing

Man that's almost creepy looking.:yikes:

4. distrbd

distrbd New Member

I guess that's how big they really get if untouched or even bigger ,I got a shock when I opened the box :yikes::yikes::yikes:ha ha.

5. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Dude that is one large sponge. I bet he used to kick the crap out of the other smaller sea sponges at the bottom of the ocean, LOL.

6. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

:sheep:

Definitely cut that thing up before trying to wash all the sand out of it.

7. distrbd

distrbd New Member

LOL:thumb: ,yeah it was a bully .

8. distrbd

distrbd New Member

SAND what sand? jk,I'm sure even if I cut it in 2 pieces they'll still be too big:shrug:.

9. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

That thing's just SCARY lookin...keep all pets and small children away from it just in case!

:eek:

10. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

were did you get that?I must have one!!

11. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

holy cow, I want one

12. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

ah.. that is so scary... hehe..

13. HighEndDetail

HighEndDetail Any Rag Vehicle Washer

That looks like my sea sponge's daddy:D

14. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

wow!!

15. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Never before have I ever known more people that coveted what is essentially a dead animal carcass :p

An Alien with Sigourney Weaver eyes is gonna pop outta that thing, I know it!

I LOL'd irl when I read that.

First word that came outta my mouth when I saw the mezmerizingly hideous thing...I can't stop lookin at it.

Great, now I want one too!

16. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I cannot believe you cut it up, just use the whole thing and wash the car in one go!

17. distrbd

distrbd New Member

For all of you who were wondering where I got it ,Here :
    EXCEPTIONALLY LARGE NATURAL SEA SPONGE SPECIMEN, HTF ! - (eBay.ca item 310041068800 end time 20-Apr-08 17:00:16 EDT)

But the seller only had one ,I know because I asked if I could but 5 more , she told me that was the only one :sorry:I was planing to cut them up and send them to the members who were interested.

I think I follow what P1et says and not cut it up,thank you all for your responses,this afternoon (after work)I'll take a picture of the other side of it which looks even more hideous.