Majestic Solutions Super Green Stuff....presoak?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by froboy272, Apr 23, 2011.

1. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

Anyone ever pre-soak with this stuff? I see DSMS uses OPT Powerclean at 4 or 5:1 for his presoaks. I sprayed this stuff on a filthy older minivan at 3:1 and it left very odd streaking that only came off after using clay. It wouldn't come off during the wash stage. Anyone familiar with this issue or using SGS to pre-soak?

2. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I use it as a presoak at 3:1 all the time and I've never had an issue. Now what I do is presoak the entire vehicle and then I cover is with foam from my foam cannon. Never had an issue this way. Rinse the car, pre-soak with SGS @ 3:1 and then soak down with foam cannon.

3. froboy272

thanks. Ill give that a try this week when i wash.

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I to have used MS SGS but at around a 3:1-5:1 dilution in a foam gun and have had great results as a pre-soak and LSP stripper. Good stuff.

As for the streaking it could be gunk (oils/lsp) that may cause it but most likely it could be the apc drying out if you where in the sun or on hot panels. I have not seen this issue in using OPC or SGS unless I was working in direct sun or a hot day where it started to dry up a bit.

5. froboy272

Must have been the sun b/c at the time i had no garage to utilize. Thank you.