Majestic Solutions interior products?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by supercharged, May 15, 2010.

1. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I need a good carpet cleaner. I've been using Megs APC+ for a while, running low on it, and want something different, something more powerfull, yet safe. I've been hearing about "withcraft in a bottle". Which one is it, MS extraction?
    Also anybody out there using Power Prep? How do you like it?
    I already have Super Green Stuff, and Ultra Gloss and love them!

TIA.

2. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

MS extraction plus or something like that. I don't think it is on the website

3. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

Majestic Solutions :: Interior Products

In the photo its called extraction and is brown. In reality once you order it, it comes as extraction plus and is clear. I have it, its awesome. B/C of this product i have an unopened gallon of CG Lightning Fast that i have no use for.

I also recommend the Leather and Plastic Cleaner. I use it to clean dirty interiors in a foaming sprayer and it works wonders. Once an interior is back to normal i can switch to using cockpit premium, but this is much cheaper.

4. cnut

cnut Guest

If you don't have to have MS Zep high traffic cleaner is really good and available locally. Just my .02.

5. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Extraction is great for carpets, leather and plastic cleaner diluted 1:1 is great. Power Prep is great for removing the protection on the vehicles.

6. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

I like MS Tidal Wave, but the "best" for carpets is Auto Magic HD Cleaner and yes, it really works at 30:1 dilution!

7. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Yep, you're looking for Extraction Plus. "Witchcraft in a Bottle" is the name that either JL or I coined for it. It's crazy - it's as though the dirt just vanishes. Smells great, too. I prefer it to Zep High Traffic, which is also good, just not as good, IMO.

I've tried some of their other carpet cleaners, and they, too, have been exceptional. "Enzymatic Carpet Spotter and Stain Remover" has proven to be my best friend while housetraining a puppy. And "Carpet Spotter HD" is the big iron of the line - if Spotter HD won't clean a stain out of a carpet, I'll bet it's in there forever. Those are both aerosols; the concentrated Enzymatic stuff you buy in plastic bottles isn't as good.

I'm a big fan of Leather and Plastic Cleaner, but it smells AWFUL. They insist on using their "New Leather" scent in it, and I hate it. A lot of people do. Strange that they have so many great fragrances there but insist on the leather one for LPC. Do be careful with LPC. I think it was Ankeet who told me that it damaged something on his GTI. It's strong stuff. Anyway, I've recently been trying Tidal Wave, and so far, I like it a lot. I haven't tried it on a really awful interior yet, though.

8. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

LPC is awful smelling, I agree. I was not the one that said it damaged the soft touch trim, but I do see how it possibly could damage the coating. That stuff is pretty easy to do so.

The cleaner in a aerosol bottle (forgot the name as I left the bottle in Raleigh when I moved out) works great! Had some spots in my carpet in my apartment and had to clean them out and it worked great.

9. getcha

getcha Jedi Nuba

It seems like their products are very aggresive until diluted down. I am a bit leary about using them on hard surfaces for fear of damage but for carpets, they seem to get great reviews here...

10. supercharged

thanks for all repplies, I'll be getting Extraction Plus pretty soon...

11. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

that was me that said it damaged something in my car. It really messed up the clear plastic clock face in my brothers infinity. I use LPC on everything except any clear plastic now with no problems.

12. racersky

racersky Jedi Nuba

I'm gonna probably be joining you on using the MS Extraction Plus. This past weekend I just tried out High Traffic and that made my mats feel really dried out and rough.

13. richy

richy Guest

What did you do after? Do you have an extractor? Karl uses a spray bottle with hot, hot water and then uses his wet vac to dry it. I have never had dried out carpets after using HT.

14. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I have a feeling you might end up having the same problem as with the HT. It sounds as if you didn't rinse it out completely and that is why you are getting that dried/rough feel. Richy has a very good point with using the extractor or an aid of some type to flush the cleaner out of the carpet.

15. racersky

racersky Jedi Nuba

I used it in a spray bottle and spray it on the carpet and scrubbed it a little bit and then let it sit and after that I use my LGM Proheat filled with hot water and extract it. Did you missed a step? It was also kind of weird how my collector tank is all foamy. Am i suppose to dilute the High traffic?

16. richy

richy Guest

It is very strong stuff. Sounds like you did not get it all out. A tip for cutting down on the foam in your recovery tank is to add a cup of vinegar to the water...foam gone! Keep extracting until the water is clear. Sounds like you did not extract enough. Be sparse with your application too..it doesn't take much.

17. racersky

racersky Jedi Nuba

I'm gonna give it another go this holiday weekend. Lemme make sure i'm understanding this....put a cup of vinegar to the recovery tank?

18. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

They can be aggressive. Most, maybe even all, of MS' products have dilution recommendations on the label, and I go by those. Extracion Plus, for example, gets cut 10:1 water:EP for heavy duty cleaning.

19. supercharged

Sounds like it is very cost effective this way...

20. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Oh yeah it is! As is the case with many of their products. As a matter of fact, I can't think of very many that don't get diluted.

By the way, regarding Extraction Plus - you can use it in a household carpet cleaner machine, like an upright Bissel. I found that it didn't foam up at all - no need for adding vinegar to anything. Just pour it in and go. I imagine that it would behave similarly in an extraction machine.

I've been so happy with Extraction Plus that I have turned down buying a couple extraction machines. While I know a machine would be great, it seems somewhat unnecessary. I believe that JL sold his extractor for this reason.