magic 845

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by shadybreal, Nov 24, 2007.

1. shadybreal

shadybreal Two Bucket System Washer

I've read all the talk on here about product X, and wanted to add my 2 cents. I bought 2 gallons a few months ago, but I'm not sure if it's still available for not. I'll try to find out this week. One thing I've experimented w/ was mix Product X and Collinite 845 50/50. I've used it a few times and I love the look of it, but durability is still up in the air. I'll know more in the coming weeks when I go back for wash and vacs.

Here are some pics of it on black:

2008 Denali

[​IMG]

Older Tahoe: Very swirled but customer doesn't want it corrected. Can you tell what side has magic 845?

[​IMG]

2. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Right side has x?

3. shadybreal

winner winner chicken dinner!

4. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

i wonder if not all the fillers from X would prevent the 845 from bonding correctly with the paint

5. shadybreal

I washed a black acura TL that I polished w/ 106 then topped w/ magic 845 and it seemed to do okay.

6. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

You know product X might be the best thing for people that wants a wash and wax only...

7. pirex

Yeah :D I want the chicken fried with some fries!! Its that cool? :dbanana:

8. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

Fried chicken is some good eating!
    :D

9. shadybreal

That's exactly why I mixed the two to help w/ durability.

10. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Can someone explain to me what Product X is?

11. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

What I understand it's a wax with fillers that hides swirls.

12. pirex

Its a glaze full of fillers!

13. ehuth1

ehuth1 Birth of a Detailer

It's designed for the for the people that can't afford or will not pay for a (Powergloss+106+Sealant) detail, from what I see. It does contain alot of fillers, but with the hard as nails wax mixed in, it should last atleast 1-2 months.

$75-$100 for 2 months protection and the customer is happy and not broke.... Sounds like good mix Bradley, let us know the durability.

14. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

im very curious about this product. f you can still order it let us know. thanks