mac book pro batt.

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Calgarydetail, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

I recently picked up a macbook pro on ebay for $1000. the reason it was s cheap is that the battery on it is fried. I have found a place that has themm for as low as 100 bucks shipped so how could i go wrong.
    Now that i have my MBP i am trying t figure out which battery i need.
    I was wondering how i find which model of the notebook I have so i can figure out the correct bat.

any info would be greatly apricated.

thanks in advance

2. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Mine is almost two years old and the model # on the battery is A1175, hope this helps you out.

3. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

how big is it the screen?

Group buy? haha I am going to pick myself up a new battery because on Thursdays I have far more than 4 hours of lectures. Shoot me a PM or a text if you are looking for a A1175. I think I can get them $89.99+GST if we both pick them up.

Although...I might ditch the idea of a new battery and get a new macbook pro, but the new one is a crappy keyboard :(

4. Calgarydetail

gb's are always good.
    I just pulled out my bat ans it says its an A1175. i found this non OEM one for 75bucks.

A1175 - BattDepot.ca - A1175, A1175, MA348, MA348G/A, MA463LL/A, MA464LL/A, MA466LL/A, MA600LL/A, MA601LL, MA680LL/A, MA681LL/A,

its shipped from canada which is nice. Although i have not decided on this one its just an idea.

but yeah i def need a new bat and i plan on ordeing it soon. So ill let you know.

where are you planning n ordering from?

ohh and isnt your macbook pro like a year old?

5. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

hahaha it is a year old...but I use it a lot. I love the thing to death, but I have filled the hard drive already. I kind of just want to get a new one, but that is a HUGE waste of money. Apple always makes me blow money on stuff they will change up in a year.

The battery I was looking at was by Apple. In general when the battery charges inside of the device I like to go OEM, but if it charges externally then I will explore my options.

here is a link
    Laptop Charge - Apple Laptop Battery - MacBook Pro 15" Series (Replacement battery) - A1175, MA348G/A

6. Calgarydetail

well if its only a few bucks more of the oem ill have to go with them.

I plan on ordering one for that site tonigh. ( i need on asap) if you want me to add one to my order please let me know and i will do so.

thanks for the info btw