M205...whats the hype

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by bgray, Jan 30, 2009.

1. bgray

bgray Birth of a Detailer

Hey everyone. This one goes out to anyone using the new 205...

Whats the advantage to the 205...

I currently am using the 105 for compounding, then SIP, Then Nano....abnd depending on the color of car will sometimes even jewel with 85rd.

But i see alot of people finishing with 205, 105 to 205 and thats it...does it leave a great halorgrma free finish...??? Is it the USD asnwer to Ultrafina??

2. mShu7

mShu7 Birth of a Detailer

I've got a sample of 205 on the way. From what I've read, it does rival or even beat UF at the finishing game. 205 seems to be very versatile in what it does.

3. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

I have it. Unfortunatley I have not been able to use it yet. All reviews that i've seen seem to be good.

4. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

I Have it as well and haven't had a chance to use it yet either...Smells good...:thumb:

5. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

LOL....I wish all polishes smelled like SV.

6. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I have it and am very very pleased with it. Personally I like it better than Ultrafina. Its smooth like butter and buffs over like there isnt anything on the finish. I am more inclined to grab the 205 over UF or Menz 106 hands down.

7. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I'm definitely interested in trying it out, that's for sure. This and Menzerna Power Finish.

8. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

M205 was developed to follow after compounding with M105. As most of you know M105 finishes out quite nicely for a compound, but doesn't always finish LSP ready on all paint types. M205 was developed to bring the finish to the next level after using Ultra Cut Compound.

I have personally used M205, and really like how versatile this product is. It finishes well, easy buff both via rotary, and DA, and it leaves an incredible finish, especially for a product that uses no diminishing abrasives. You can't go wrong with having this product in your detailing tool chest... This is my honest opinion. Hope this Helps- Erik Mejia

9. bgray

anyone kno w CND distributor online....Eshine doesnt list it

10. Strs90

Strs90 Birth of a Detailer

11. philttz

philttz Any Rag Vehicle Washer

good luck with that, meguiars canada are usually about 6months behind on new products :(

12. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

ADS will ship to Canada I think:

autodetailingsolutions.net

13. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Um they used to, not any longer. This is from their site.

International Orders
    We do not ship outside of the USA. If you are visiting the USA, have a freight forwarding company or a relative/friend inside the US you can use our shopping cart and pay with your countries currency. Please provide your US shipping address when checking out, or send a follow up email with the address. Please see the list below of all prohibited products that may not be shipped out of the US through the USPS.

14. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

I have a quart but I haven't cracked her open yet :(

15. Berscht

Berscht Jedi Nuba

good oppurtunity for the US guys to buy a whole bunch and sell it to us Canadians, that or

Nica can just buy a 50 gallons of it and liquidate it ,lol

16. bgray

I can order it from USD Sites, but Id rahter find a CND distributor

17. philttz

philttz Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Yes good idea, lets get Carlos "Nica" to buy a skid of 205 :p

18. agentf1

agentf1 Jedi Nuba

I just tried my 205 today and found it to be a very nice finishing polish. I compared it to my current favorite Menzerna P0106FF and really did not see any difference. Both great products. I can see using either 105/205 or SIP/106FF or 085RD.

It is refreshing seeing Meguiars making good products again. :thumb:

19. Nica

Nica Banned

lol a skid..lol..I'm not that crazy hahahahahaha :lol2:...well maybe a little :whistle:

But I got more UK goodies coming ;) so I'll have to pass on the 205.

20. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

That would be enough for him, so how would that help you guys? :D