M135 Synthetic Spray Detailer

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by klumzypinoy, Feb 18, 2008.

1. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

2. 2KLS1

2KLS1 Birth of a Detailer

They are actually the same think, just different packaging.

3. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

They aren't 100% the same I dont think. I have both infront of me now and they could be different. I have noticed similarities between the two, but I use M135 more. I am not quite sure why. I could do a side by side if you guys really want.
    [​IMG]

UQD is much bigger and if you find it on sale it is cheaper. So it is def. worth trying.

4. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

On the Megs forum ..it has been said its the same thing....Ithink it was Mike Pennington who said it....

to me its a OK product...nothing special...the UQD I mean....there is much better for less..and one of them is the Lucas Slick mist...at 7.99 a bottle.....and of course my favorites of the DG line...

AL

5. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

I have never read that, but reguarless they are similar!

UQD smells much better. M135 smells kind of unpleasant. It isnt a chemical smell, but it just doesn't smell particularly good.

6. 2KLS1

2KLS1 Birth of a Detailer

Yup what Al said.

7. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Thanks for the info Al :)

8. Optix

Optix Guest

M135 is slightly superior to UQD. The fragrance oil was removed from M135 to make room for a higher product concentration.

UQD's concentration is dilluted a bit more.

9. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

hmmmmmm interesting

10. Epoch

Epoch Any Rag Vehicle Washer

OOOoohh i have some of this to test at the weekend

looking forward to it now

11. Al-53

right from Mike Phillip....sorry

As far as we know they are the same or similar enough products that you'll get the same results.

The big difference is "distribution"

Because we're a supplies to the refinishing industry our Professional Line is distributed through PBE warehouses and PBE stores.

Our Consumer Line is distributed through Hard Parts warehouses and Hard Parts stores.

Different markets, different customers, different ways that have evolved since the car was invented and stores started springing up to distribute products into the market place.

We know a lot of the people that read this forum don't understand that we've been in business for the majority of our history making product for the refinishing industry and we didn't start making consumer products until 1973, that's over 70 years later...

Also, the M135 is available in gallons.

Hope this helps...
    mphillips@meguiars.com

where do you get your info....

Al.....

12. Optix

Optix Guest

^^^enjoy, if you liked uqd, you'll like 135

You know, I've read the same thing from Mike. Without making an official stance, I've found UQD to have more "water" in it than I found 135 to have.

I've also read through a few beta testers who had the #21 2.0, NXT 2.0, and 135 sent to them over the summer, they had felt UQD had a longer durability. Could this be all in their heads? I was slightly skeptical too, but taking a whiff of UQD, then smelling 135, and noticing the fragrance missing from 135, their story made sense.

Basically how a detail spray is made is quite simple.

You take a few silicones that cater to the effect you are looking for. Again PDMS is quite popular for its gloss agent. Then you find a solvent that will aid in the application/spreading process. Then you find an emlusifier to tie it all together. Once your concentrate is made, you then cut it, typically 50:1. Unless they were not consistant with their manufacturing, I was under the impression seemed to have more concentrate and less water. Unofficially assuming perhaps a 40:1 ratio.

13. Al-53

I did not like UQD...so I will not like #135....much better out there

AL