1. Scott's Mobile Detailing

Scott's Mobile Detailing Welcome to Detailing

Has anyone used this product ..and if so ..what are your thoughts?

2. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

I have been reading a few threads on it over at the Megs forums...it sounds interesting...maybe sorta like the sytem one concept...but some say a finishing polish should be used to really bring out the gloss....when I hit the paint supply soon I am going to see if they have it and grab some....I like polishes like some like waxes...lol...to me the polish is what gives the paint the look ...the LSP just amps it up...

Al

3. maesal

maesal Birth of a Detailer

I was looking for a seller who could ship 32 oz of 105 to Spain, but I only found the 105 in 2 sites and they don-t ship internationally. Do you know if someone could ship the product to Spain?

4. Scott's Mobile Detailing

5. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

i may be able to send it to you if you are really having trouble finding a retailer for it.

pm me if you cant find someone. and i ll pick it up local and send it if i can.

6. maesal

Thanks ggk, I'll call Meguiars Spain tomorrow to check when will it be available here. I'll contact you. Much apreciated your help :headbang: :applause2:

7. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

yeah contact me this autobody supply place will deliver it to my shop and i can just mail it.

might have to wait a couple days in case they do not have it in stock

8. maesal

I just called Meguiars Spain and they will receive the product in may, so yes, I'm interested :thumb:

9. Rickrack

Rickrack DB Pro Supporter

I just got through detailing a beat up Pontiac Grand Am using M105 and must say that it is an AMAZING compound. It is a little tricky to use and is totally different from every compound I have ever tried over the years. It cuts extremely fast and leaves an excellent finish (for a compound).

It will gum up and dust very easily if you apply too much product, but once you learn how much product to use, it works like a dream. I applied the product directly to the panel and worked it for only two passes. Two passes is all it takes before the product "disappears". It is totally different than SIP, which you can work for quite a while until the abrasives break down. If you do any more than 2 passes, you will dry buff and create marring from the pad.

I had great luck using a yellow Edge wool pad. I spread the product and did two very quick passes at 1500rpm without any gumming problems at all and very minimal dusting. This particular car was pretty hammered, so I compounded each panel a total of 3 times and removed 99.9% of the defects. It leaves a great finish that is ready for final polishing. The trick is to thoroughly clean your pad aftery every panel. If you do not keep your pad clean, it will gum up very easily. 1500rpm's seemed to work the best for me. I found that if I tried to work it any faster, the product dried up way too fast.

I still need to do some more testing with this product using different pads, but it is by far, the best compound I have ever used. Once you get past the learning part, it is almost too good to be true! This product will basically eliminate the need for a middle step, which is usually necessary to remove compounding haze. This enables you to go right to your final finishing polish of choice right after compounding.

I tried using it with a purple foamed wool pad, but the pad loaded up with product after only a few panels so I switched over to a yellow Edge wool pad which worked incredible.

I'll post up a few before and after pictures of the car I was using it on.

~Rick

10. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Mine has been on order for what feels like forever.

I love the working time, and I love how clean and clear it finishes. It lets the polisher glide along the finish. Just so pleasant to work with!

My only concern is how much film build I am removing because it cuts pretty fast and effectively. It can supposedly remove 1200 grit sanding marks, although I only tried 2000.

I can honestly say I have used nothing better.

11. Rickrack

Here's a few before and after pictures of a recent detail using M105.

As you can see, the car was pretty hammered.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The picture below is with just two passes using a yellow wool pad. As you can see, some scratches remained which required additional compounding. I ended up buffing each panel three times because of the extremely deep scrtaches.

[​IMG]

All finished....
    [​IMG]

12. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Just placed my order for a 32oz from ADS should be a nice addition to SIP, also got some LC purple wool from DD.

13. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

From all of the reviews that I have been reading on here and other forums, this is one polish I am really looking forward to trying. I was on the edge to get some System One but I am glad that I held off.

Looks like my next order will be some 105 and the new W66 Solo backing plate.

14. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

Great work Rick! I too really like the M105 after using it on the black Z06 I did.

After 3-4 passes with M105 this is what the door looked like on the black vette:

[​IMG]

Then after 1 pass of 3M UF:

[​IMG]

15. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

Should work out great for you Pat! I too like the W66 BP and I ordered a second one along with a gallon of the M105.

16. Rickrack

Pat, I promise you will not be disappointed with 105. It blows any other compound I have ever used out of the water (and I've tried lots!!).

I have the System One as well and don't think I will be using it now that I have the 105. I got my System One a week before I bought the 105 and have only had the chance to use it once, so I will have to do some more testing before I move it to the back shelf, but I'm pretty confident that it will not even come close to the 105. In my experience, the System One clumped up *very* easily and dusted like crazy. This was also the case with the 105 the first time I used it. It took a little while to get used to, so maybe this is the case with System One. I have to say that it did leave a pretty good finish, but the clumping and dusting totally turned me off. I only bought the polish by itself, so maybe the pad in the kit will yield better results?

As for the W66 backing plate, it is awesome. Not a bad price either.

17. Scott's Mobile Detailing

were do u purchase the backing plate?

18. Rickrack

dsms- The purple foamed wool worked well with the 105, but make sure you clean your pad frquently or it will load up with product.

Meguiar's designed this product to *quickly* remove defects. I uses super fine non diminishing abrasives and is not supposed to be worked in over and over. As I stated in my other post, after just a couple passes, the product almost "disappears". Meguiars designed it this way on purpose, so if you load up your pad with product, you will not be using the product correctly and experience inferior results.

Bryan- Nice job on the Z06! 105 is definitely a huge time saver. I really liked using the yellow Edge wool pad with it.

Did you buy the wool pad Meguiars recommends be used with the 105? I may order one to see how it works out.

19. Rickrack

Auto Detailing Solutions carries both 105 and the W66 backing plate. Meguiars Solo System

20. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

so.. the backing plate is good. right?

i want to pick one up and a sample of 105 from ads prob order on monday.