LX450 Interior Rehab

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by UniqueAutoKraft, Jul 10, 2011.

1. UniqueAutoKraft

UniqueAutoKraft Any Rag Vehicle Washer

A client came to us when we first opened and brought us a mercedes that needed some special attention. After coming to pick it up his wife and him informed me they had six other cars they wanted done, one in particular that had severe water damage and an unbearable smell. We did a few cars for them, and then they brought us the problem child.

I removed the carpet, interior quarters, jambs, and rear trim. Pulled out all four seats, and the front center console. The total time was 18 Hrs. We replaced the original carpet padding/sound dampening with Hush-Mat. All sunroof lines were cleaned out and flushed.

Sadly, I don't have many before photos of it. I recently found this place, and know how much must of you like to see before and after shots. Also, these were taken with my slowly dying iphone 3g, so if the quality sucks, I apologize.

Before:

Found pooling of water on front rocker area of both the drivers and passengers side
    IMG-0073.jpg
    IMG-0075.jpg

The owners had previously addressed a leaky lift gate, but never had a way to take care of the carpets. I decided it would just be best to knock everything out at once, so I went about pulling all the carpets.

IMG-0077.jpg

All carpets were vacuumed, hit with compressed air, vacuumed again, hit with the tornador, and then vacuumed about three more times through out the rest of the job. After using folex through the tornador there was still quite a bit of odor. We stuck all four seats, and both carpet pieces in side, planted two 5000 sq odor bombs, and evacuated the area.
    IMG-0080.jpg
    IMG-0081.jpg

I went the next morning, picked up the hush mat, and drove back to the shop to put it in. Really straight forward installation. As I'd already cleaned the floors the night before I didn't have wait to put it in.
    IMG-0082.jpg

After putting down the hush mat I went about putting the interior back in. I'd already cleaned every interior piece, so it was just a matter of putting it all back in.
    IMG-0083.jpg
    IMG-0086.jpg

And then the battery on my phone died, and I couldn't take any more photos. :shakehead:

How ever, the car will be returning for more work that the owner would like to address as well as getting cleaned out again, so I'll grab more photos of that another time.