lusso oro

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by cleanfiend, May 23, 2010.

1. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

if i apply lusso oro over collinite 845, will it look any different than if i applied lusso oro by itself.

The car is black if that makes any difference. Collinite seems very reflective and bright to me, so idk if it would have any affect on how lusso oro would look with collinite bellow it

and on a side note: how do you guys like applying nuba's? when i use an applicator, i always feel like i lose a ton of product to the applicator. I was thinking about hand application because i would minimize lost product and it might be easier to spread. what do you guys think?

2. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

Probably not, but I would anyway because Lusso is such a joy to apply and remove and looks fantastic that it certainly would not detract from your paint. I use an applicator pad to apply all my waxes, you do end up with wasted product but I find that more often than not you will way overapply a wax by hand so wasted product is a factor in that technique as well. I would just go with whatever application method feels best for you, unfortunately you will never get 100% of the product onto paint no matter what method.

3. ndrom

ndrom Two Bucket System Washer

I don't like applying Oro with an applicator. I usually put it on with bare hands. It seems to spread better. I feel like with an applicator you really have to dig into it. Plus, after, your hands sell like coconuts for quite a while.

4. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Lusso works great with an applicator for me. Really easy to get it on, and use very thin, a joy to remove too! and the smell, YUM, its GODLY!! I heat up the wax by swirling my finger near the top to get it softer and it makes it a lot easier. I also store the applicators in a sealed bag to that I dont waste product and the applicator is primed for the next use.

Trust me, you'll LOVE it. As for changing the look, I ordered 845 a few days ago, so I will test it out too :)

5. Ian

Ian Jedi Nuba

I was very happy in the past when I did Lusso over collinite 845 on my car, great look and lasted a long time

6. jrt81

jrt81 Virgin Detailer

how can the finish be best described with lusso?
    i mean, will it enhance metallics, say like pete's 53? or is it more on depth, kinda like souvran?
    these are just based on the posts i see here and in other forums.
    i am interested in trying out a topper over powerlock, and haven't made up my mind yet on what to get.

7. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

IME both last week and 3 weeks ago (last weeks car was a dark metallic blue, and 3 weeks ago a dark metallic gray) I found that it give the cars paint an increase in depth and the flakes stand out more. Its in no way really bright or really reflective in my testing.

Hopefully others can share their experiences too. Will try to post some pics next week :)

8. jrt81

jrt81 Virgin Detailer

pics would be cool Luke! :thumb:

looking forward to more inputs.

9. christian900se

This is my car wearing Lusso Oro only, no glazes or other sealants. Two layers on a black Saab:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Great wax. Sat in the back of my cabinet for a bit, just used it yesterday. Used it with one of those large Detailer's Domain applicators and it was nicer than ever before to use.

11. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I agree. I just used it again last week. Great stuff.

12. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

13. jrt81

jrt81 Virgin Detailer

Awesome pics guys!
    Thanks!
    how is lusso best removed, i mean, do i let it sit for 10 min or so, and then buff?
    I tried powelock over the weekend, and topped it wth Rubbish Boys Juiced Edition, and it was pretty amazing! I just didn't expect RBJE to require a bit more effort to buff off. I let it sit for about 10 min, and felt grabby at my initial swipe.

14. christian900se

I do a couple panels at a time and then go back and remove Lusso starting with the first panel I applied the wax to. You could easily apply Lusso to the whole car and then remove when done because I have left it to cure for 12 hours (overnight) just to see if that amount of time would affect removal but it was just as easy as if I applied and then immediately removed it. You will notice with Lusso that you might not even be able to see the wax layer but it is there (moving an applicator over it feels slicker than where it has not been applied). If it is this thin, it literally feels like you are buffing off nothing.

15. jrt81

jrt81 Virgin Detailer

Thanks.

16. xyz10

xyz10 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

How long does it take to apply and remove 1 layer of Lusso Oro on a medium sized car ? I have been
    using a spray wax to extend the durability of the paint sealant.

Would using Lusso Oro as a maintenance wax be "better" than a spray wax like Aquawax or Optimum
    Spray wax ?

17. christian900se

I wouldn't say it is better as you can probably get the same durability or better from one application of OSW or Aquawax compared to a layer of Lusso Oro. However, you may like the experience of applying a paste wax, especially one as easy to use as Lusso. Duragloss Aquawax is my favorite spray wax bar none, I would use that if I was in your position as it gives 4-6 weeks of standalone protection, is easier to use than some of my quick detailers, and looks awesome.

I would say that if I waxed a whole car from application to removal with Lusso, it would take 30 minutes.

18. ndrom

ndrom Two Bucket System Washer

Warming the surface to get it on an applicator makes using an applicator pointless to me.

Considering I've use Crystal Rock, E-zyme, Souveran, Fuzion, P21s Concous-look, P21s 100%, Sonax Premium Class, Pete's 53, 50/50, Natty's Paste...hell, even Collinite 476s, without having to warm it up, I would say using an applicator with Lusso is one of the hardest waxes to apply with with an applicator.

Granted, it isn't bad, and it is a great wax. BUT, I would say, out of my collection, it is my least favorite to apply with an applicator.