Lusso Auto Bathe Shampoo review

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by dsms, Mar 24, 2009.

1. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I got my bottle of Lusso auto bathe today and went to work washing my car. My paint is flat black and very soft so I always take extreme caution when washing as to induce as little or no marring if possible. I will only use the DD foam sponges because of the flat texture and smooth foam on my car, I find a smooth wash sponge/mitt work much better with a slick shampoo.

In looking for a shampoo for my own car I needed something super mild (wont strip LSP), decent suds and high lubricity. IMO the Lusso auto bathe carries all of those traits and performs extremely well.

Slickness 9.5/10

Suds 8/10

Finish 9/10

LSP friendly 10/10

My car was beading strong with multiple coats of sealant during the pre-rinsing and after the wash came another rinse where I saw the exact same beading properties. No affect on LSP at all which is very important to me.

The instructions called for 1oz of shampoo per 1 gallon, to me that seemed like a high concentration but I followed the instructions accordingly. After doing 1 panel I found the wash super super slick but not very sudsy so I simply added more water to the bucket and the suds were much better and it still kept its lubricity. Using less than 1oz per gallon will make one bottle last much longer.

Overall I was very pleased with this product and it will be my "go to" when washing my own car because its mild, slick and leaves an awesome finish!
    :thumb:

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Thanks for the nice review!

Sounds like a nice soap.

3. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Ive always looked at this soap, thanks for the review

4. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Thanks for the review, I may have to try it out.

5. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

Sweet I have some sitting on my shelf waiting to try out. I bought it for the same reasons and its "mild" temperament towards LSPs and that it was based on Hair Shampoo which I have heard other detailers experiment with. This along with the Dodo BTBM I have as well. Hopefully one will please me but so far OPT wash has been great.

6. TheJag

TheJag Birth of a Detailer

i still like born to be mild, but its so damn expensive! gona have to try swissvax auto bathe or whatever next, now that im using Glacier on my car

7. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Dave, Great review...Thank you for thinking of us...:thumb:

8. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Great review, I agree with it 100%. I have a bottle and tried it out it is a very gentle soap what smells like tropical fruit!!!!!!

9. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

it looks like 1 bottle won't get you through 2 washes. If you have to dilute it 1oz per gallon, and you use 5 gallon bucket of water, then you'll use 5/8 of the bottle in 1 wash, and you'll come up 2 oz. short the next wash around...for now, I'm gonna stick with my swissvax car bath and 1Z perls every month.

10. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Awesome review, I've been looking into a bunch of stuff for when I order next since I'm slacking.

11. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I might be giving that shampoo a try. By the way, if you want any shampoo to foam, fill up the bucket using pressure washer.

12. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

:yikes: Great point.

An 8 oz. bottle should cost basically $9.00 using our 10% discount at Detailer's Domain (list is $9.95). That's nearly $5/wash, if using a 5 gal. bucket. And, as ampbmw pointed out, for your next wash, you'll be short an ounce of soap. Yikes.

13. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

awesome review! i will difintely try that out!

14. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

A very nice shampoo I would guess, but DAMN, that gets expensive when you're doing two trucks/SUVs per week!