LSP Suggestions for this type of paint...

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by kocor321, Feb 27, 2012.

1. kocor321

kocor321 Virgin Detailer

Hi I'm looking for a LSP for the spring/summer. I have Grand Cherokee SRT-8 with Brilliant Black Paint, I've attached a picture. The paint has a really strong metallic flake, and I want to try something different than Collinite 845, which I've been pretty loyal to. Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. chemgys99

chemgys99 DB Forum Supporter

Lusso oro.

3. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

^^^^^ I cant wait to try,just got it in! 1Z Glanz Wax would be my choice for all that metallic flake. That pic looks fantastic BTW

4. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Aquartz Nano does wonders for metallic flake.

See here:

[​IMG]

5. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Megs Ultimate Paste Wax and Duragloss 105, both are sealants.

6. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Ive had good luck with blackfire midnight sun, maintained with Prima Hydro.........

but 1z glanz is an outstanding choice, there are photos of phils S4 wearing it, UNREAL.........

7. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

To be honest that pic looks really good, is that with C 845?

8. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Wolfs Body Wrap, Menzerna Powerlock, Einzette Glanz... all great choices.

9. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

Collinite 845 topped with AGHD:

[​IMG]

10. sgvevo9mr

sgvevo9mr Two Bucket System Washer

Bfwd topped with Collinite 845 .:thumb:

11. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I second Wolfs Bodywrap as well as Carpro Reload, Menzerna Powerlock, Blackfire Wet Diamond, and Autoglym High Definition. All will provide you great protection and look for a decent price.

12. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

Just tried my new combo on a Dolphin Grey S4. On a completely corrected surface, I used 2 coats of Power Lock and followed up the following day with 2 coats of AGHD.

Shit is tight. Pops nicely.

That being said......all of the above will provide similar results. I also love Glanz.

13. brokenweasel

brokenweasel Virgin Detailer

I'll toss in another vote for Blackfire Wet Diamond on a black car. Excellent stuff.

14. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

Powerlock topped with Lusso.

15. Dr Oldz

Dr Oldz Birth of a Detailer

Dodo PH Pro/BV Pro. Pin SSII looks realy nice on that color and makes the flakes realy stand out in the sun.

16. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

By the way there is really no wrong answer. Properly prepped paint makes every LSP look good...

17. kocor321

kocor321 Virgin Detailer

Especially when you learn how to do it from yourself and Phil :D.

18. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

You are absolutely correct dsms. People talk about how this wax/sealant pops the flakes or how it mutes the flakes. What it does is pop or mutes the clear coat. How can a wax or sealant reach the flakes to either make them shine or mute them? It's all in the prep, period.