Low mileage Toyota MR2 Spyder

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by TheRustySuper, Feb 18, 2013.

1. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

This one came out of the blue, I was doing some homework between classes when I got a call from an unknown number. It was someone who had picked up a flyer I had pinned up on a community bulletin board (in a laundromat, no less) at the beginning of summer. He was interested in having his Toyota MR2 Spyder detailed, he wanted it washed/waxed, the windows cleaned, and the engine bay wiped down (as a tech had left the oil filter cap off once).

It was an...interesting experience, the guy was a very eccentric character who just sat around while I detailed his car and chain smoked. We talked about life and shit, but it was kinda weird sitting around talking to my client while I was working on his car. But it was money and I couldn't turn it down. The car itself was in pretty good shape, I love the metallic green paint and despite being a 2004, it only had 37K on the clock. The owner said he would be contacting me over the summer to have the interior cleaned up and have me spend some more time on the exterior, when I'm not limited by daylight and temperatures.

The process I did was fairly simple, I pre-treated the dirtier spots on the car with ONR at QD dilution, but there weren't many as the car was washed a few days ago. Next, I did an ONR wash with a Griots Garage microfiber mitt, and dried it with Vroom drying towels. Next I clayed it with DI fine clay and ONR clay lube, and dried it with CG microfiber towels. Finally I sealed it with Menzerna Powerlock, and dressed the tires with CG VRP dressing. I moved onto the windows, which I cleaned with Stoner Invisible Glass. I sprayed and wiped down the engine bay with Zep Citrus 3:1, as I have no access to a hose.

I only have a few pictures, but here they are anyway:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I apologize yet again for the poor photo quality, I only had my iPhone to take photos with. The Powerlock really made the metallic green pop though, and the paint was still in pretty good shape, with only minor swirls on most panels. I may just be polishing this one over the summer.

Thanks for reading,

Clark

2. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Looks great nice work :)

3. fellowsdrake

fellowsdrake Two Bucket System Washer

Wow. Nice! I bet with a nice v7 or equivalent glaze she'd really pop!!

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Top work mate! Looking good in the afters.

5. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Looks great Clark!

6. detaildude3629

detaildude3629 Birth of a Detailer

not to bad in shape i can see the paint is in, came out nice.

7. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Great work Clark!