Loving this P21S Wheel Gel

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Showcasedetail, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Showcasedetail

Showcasedetail Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Okay so I have heard everybody talking about this wheel gel for a while and have always wanted to try it just never have. I got some for Christmas this year and I tried it on a variety of wheels with different levels of brake dust. I just gotta say WOW!!! This stuff is awesome. It worked amazingly well and I can't tell you how much time it saved me with some intricate TSW's that I had to clean. I will definately be ordering a whole lot more of this product and will recommend it to anyone looking for a quality wheel cleaner that is safe and really simple to use. :headbang:

2. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

p21s is great stuff, but diablo wheel gel is just as good and can be diluted

3. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I really need to pick up some PS21 to compare to diablo...

4. Showcasedetail

Showcasedetail Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I have heard mixed reviews on the diablo. I tried the citrus wheel gel (not really gel) and was not impressed at all. Would you say diablo is just as good as p21s?

5. blacK20

blacK20 Birth of a Detailer

Definately a proven product and probably the most expensive wheel cleaner around. However only at full strength. I find the cleaning power drops off drastically even at 1:1. Having said that I reserve it for delicate wheels or personal vehicles :) Have been hearing alot about the diablo gel and ag cwc. I may have to pick some up to try soon.

6. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Diablo rocks. I don't have p21s gel to compare though.

7. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

On my personal vehicle a wheel cleaner isn't even needed... I keep my wheels sealed and wash once a week... car soap is more than enough...

8. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I hear ya. In the summer time, I even keep ONR in a bucket (with lid) in the garage. That way every time I come home, I give the wheels a quick rinse.

I hate having dirty wheels. It's like wearing a tux with dirty work boots or something.

9. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I need to try this stuff. What is the pH?

10. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

@ 3:1 Diblo is weaker then P21S straight, but is more cost efficient...I like both of them, but recently got myself a gallon of Diablo...hey, afterall, you can always try diablo undilluted...

11. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

If you like P21S, you'll love AG Custom Wheel Cleaner. $45CDN for 5litres and you can dilute it 1:1. Gloss it gel is a tad more expensive but can be diluted 3:1 and works as good as P21S as well.

12. blacK20

blacK20 Birth of a Detailer

Is custom wheel cleaner a clinging gel? I'm a fan of gel wheel cleaners :)

13. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

I'm not sure, but I've used it on bare aluminum wheels with no ill effect

14. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

AG CWC is the BOMB!!! But not for dirty wheels. it foams really well out of a normal sprayer. and has brightening agents that leave the wheels with a nice shine. love this stuff,

15. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

p21s gel is all i use ..

16. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I used AG CWC on X5 rim barrels, and have to admit I was very impressed. I haven't tried GI wheel gel though...

17. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Diablo Gel - "pH neutral" according to CG, will update after pH test

Sticky Gel - pH 11.4

CG Premium Blue - pH 11.4

P21S Gel - pH 9.5

GI Wheel Gel - "pH balanced" according to Gloss It, will update after pH test

18. Austinj427

Austinj427 Virgin Detailer

P21S, Does it use HF?

19. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

according to the website no it does not contain any acid

20. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

If what Emile says is correct then I would not expect P21s to have any acid of any kind since it is slightly basic.