Looking for some glaze feedback

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by jaybs02, Jan 27, 2008.

1. jaybs02

jaybs02 Virgin Detailer

I was hoping to get some feedback on a couple of different glazes.

CG's EZ cream glaze
    FK1's 303 or 300
    Danase's wet glaze
    Clearkote's RMG

I have heard people making "pink" glaze by mixing 50/50 RMG and VM so that might be a thought also.

I was looking at Menzerna Finishing Glaze PO 115C, but it said that it has "just oils and fillers" and I am planning on topping the glaze W/ UPP this year and it sounds like there may be some bonding issues.

Any and all feedback is appreciated.
    Thanks
    "J"

2. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

You should check out my OD Wet Glaze. This is an acrylic glaze, so a sealant will bond to it just fine. It also adds a little bit of protection. It gives some really nice depth and wetness too.

3. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

Good question, as i was looking for a response also. I was looking for a glaze (s) that would work for a non synth product (carnuba wax) And one that works with a synth. wax. With new products and finishes, it's prudent to keep up to speed for maximum results.

4. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

EZ Glaze is the best glaze hands down. I have NO COMPARISON!

5. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

I will second that. Best single product in detailing in my mind.

6. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

is this the same for the ez cream glaze II?

So, EZ cream glaze will bond to the surface and can be top with an lsp AND the lsp will bond to the glaze?

7. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

yes to both.

8. jshillin

jshillin Birth of a Detailer

I have DWG, RMG, VMG, Megs 7 and Menzerna Finish Touch Glaze.

I prefer DWG over the rest... I really like the look and the fact that I can top it with anything.

9. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

well just made an order from CG for EZ, towels and wash.

10. Z06-Goose

Z06-Goose Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Prima Amigo, RMG, and DWG are my favorites...

11. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Danase Wet Glaze ( a polymer-based glaze) a pure gloss enhancer, it sure isn't a glaze like you have ever used before.

12. jaybs02

jaybs02 Virgin Detailer

Thanks everyone for the feedback

"J"

13. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Love the DWG. Adds tremendous wetness and depth and you can put under on over anything and super easy to use. I keep several bottles of this stuff at any one time. I am curious though if anyone has used Prima Amigo. It is supposed to have some good filling abilities, but I wonder if it mutes flakes on metallics. Does anyone know?

14. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I like DWG and Prima Amigo. I use Amigo mostly for solid dark cars, no other reason then DWG looks great on metallics.
    I hope to detail my neighbors metallic red Explorer in the next few weekends I was plannin on using Amigo to see how it works with that color.

15. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Post the results and your review of it on Metallics paying close attention to the flakes.

16. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Anyone try using Poorboy's Black Hole?

17. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Smartest man on the forum!

18. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I'm curious how good the PB's Black Hole and White Diamond are...

19. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Does EZ Creme have any filling abilities? Can you apply it over any sealant or wax or top it with any without bonding issues?

20. wise 85

wise 85 Virgin Detailer

It has minor filling abilities,and can go under any sealant or wax!